Corbin Canyon Dual Sport Saddle

Bike
NT700v, MG v85tt, KTM 690
I've had good experiences with Corbin seats on my previous Honda Hawks (yes I owned two NT650s in succession). Does anyone have one on their NT700?

Here is what it looks like as I designed it in their "configurator" It might not be this exact shape but probably pretty close. Thinking its understated and a nice contrast to the bike's burgundy red. bomber jacket brown with champagne stitching and no edge piping. Black stitched logo as there is no option to forego it.

Since Corbin designs their own seat pans one wouldn't have to give up their own saddle for umpteen weeks and still have the stock seat if they should sell the bike.

2021-08-26.png

The NT's saddle isn't particularly bad. It's a little too soft. Passengers don't seem to like the forward slant and feel even after just moderate rides. Lastly it's a homely looking thing.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 red NT
IMG_9329.jpg
Pics won't show above. This is the bomber jacket brown.
Looking to get a Seat Concepts seat for the Versys.

Last edited:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
That seat is a nice contrast to the red bike.

Mike

OP
OP
Pbro63
Bike
NT700v, MG v85tt, KTM 690
IMG_9329.jpg
Pics won't show above. This is the bomber jacket brown.
Looking to get a Seat Concepts seat for the Versys.
Nice, I'm curious if that reduced the seat height any??
Looks like the side welts are bomber jacket brown and the main seat is more of a tan.

Bike
2010 red NT
I did not notice any reduced height.i have arthritis a bit and it bothers my knees. With the Corbin seat it never bothered me. The first day I had it I road to a gun sale at Indianapolis which is about 250 miles round trip and the seat was perfect, I never noticed it. No urge to shift my backside around, still think they molded it around my shape.
The only problem I had was that the seat pan fit the bike so well that the power pack to power accessories would not fit on top of battery. I had to mount it lower in the bike.

Moto-Kafe

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I have the same seat as Versys, except in all-Black.........very comfy. My bike (purchased 2 months ago) did not come with a stock seat, so I have no way to compare the two.......so my post here is pretty much worthless....... o_O

Bike
NT700va
I have a Corbin seat like discussed. I found I had to had better foam and many other posts have mentioned this problem in the past.
Corbin is not known for great quality ( stitches breaking) The Russell seat seems most favorably rec

I have the Corbin seat on my NT700V that I just got a month ago. Love the seat, and had to have it since the stock seat is way too tall for my short legs.

The Corbin seat DOES in fact LOWER the seat height, a good inch and a half by my measurements. (I have the stock seat too.) I can flat-foot at stops with it and I've got just a 30-inch inseam. Could not flat-foot with the stock seat on it.

2010 Honda NT700V Orange Park FL-1small.jpg

Thanks Phil for the spot on answer - but here is a little bit more specifics. I left Jacksonville (after getting a vial of Atlantic Ocean sand and water) drove to the middle of Texas and slept for 3 hours at a motel 6; drove to San Diego and slept another 3 hours (after getting a another vial of Pacific sand and water); then returned to the same Motel 6 in the middle of Texas for another 3 hours of sleep and then a bee line back to Jacksonville where I got my last vial of Atlantic sand and water. Total time was 96.5 hours. I didn’t travel much above 80mph but tried to keep my stops to just 10 minutes- it was all about time management. It was in March and the weather for most of the trip was pretty miserable - rain, strong wind and cold. I did the trip in 2014 and I still have the vials of Atlantic/Pacific sand and water. I think I was the first to do that in a NT700V and I had no issues at all with the cycle. However, at the end of the trip you could see cord showing through the worn out Rear tire! Wendell

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Thanks, Wendell, for giving the specifics. I thought a lot about doing the CC50, but I'm past that kind of ride now.

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
Thanks Phil for the spot on answer - but here is a little bit more specifics. I left Jacksonville (after getting a vial of Atlantic Ocean sand and water) drove to the middle of Texas and slept for 3 hours at a motel 6; drove to San Diego and slept another 3 hours (after getting a another vial of Pacific sand and water); then returned to the same Motel 6 in the middle of Texas for another 3 hours of sleep and then a bee line back to Jacksonville where I got my last vial of Atlantic sand and water. Total time was 96.5 hours. I didn’t travel much above 80mph but tried to keep my stops to just 10 minutes- it was all about time management. It was in March and the weather for most of the trip was pretty miserable - rain, strong wind and cold. I did the trip in 2014 and I still have the vials of Atlantic/Pacific sand and water. I think I was the first to do that in a NT700V and I had no issues at all with the cycle. However, at the end of the trip you could see cord showing through the worn out Rear tire! Wendell

Wow ... that is as ride I should plan to do ..

Sunny, It is a great challenge but it is something you have to work up to. The Iron Butt Association website gives the guidelines. It's considered an extreme ride so you have to jump through some other hoops first. Of course, to even join the IBA you have to do the 1K in 24 hours ride and have it certified. Then you have to do the 1500 miles in 24 hours and have it certified before you are allowed to do the CCC100. There is a method in their madness as I perfected my time management with each ride and learned what to do and what not to do. I ended up doing both the 1K and 1.5K twice before attempting the CCC! There is a definite learning curve that served me very well. IMHO the 1.5K is the hardest as it usually takes all of 24 hours to complete the ride. I agree with Phil that at this stage of life I'm not even sure I'm up to doing a 1K - I'm more into just kicking back and smelling the roses anymore............

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Yeah, I agree with Wendell. I don't know that I would want to tackle a 1K anymore either. I was about 65 when I did mine.

Mike

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
tha
Sunny, It is a great challenge but it is something you have to work up to. The Iron Butt Association website gives the guidelines. It's considered an extreme ride so you have to jump through some other hoops first. Of course, to even join the IBA you have to do the 1K in 24 hours ride and have it certified. Then you have to do the 1500 miles in 24 hours and have it certified before you are allowed to do the CCC100. There is a method in their madness as I perfected my time management with each ride and learned what to do and what not to do. I ended up doing both the 1K and 1.5K twice before attempting the CCC! There is a definite learning curve that served me very well. IMHO the 1.5K is the hardest as it usually takes all of 24 hours to complete the ride. I agree with Phil that at this stage of life I'm not even sure I'm up to doing a 1K - I'm more into just kicking back and smelling the roses anymore............
Thanks ... nice info ... may be for next year I will plan a 1k IBA ...

Top Bottom