Cost of 2010 Honda 700NT

Mgoekerjdjs

I have chance to buy 2010 Honda NT all luggage including top back. Is that detatchable? 33k miles I know guy took care of it. Is $2500 good price?

Probably. Where is it? The top trunk is detachable. Do you know the previous owner?

Compare the price to what you might see on Craigslist and CycleTrader. 33K miles is not a lot for this bike. As Phil said, the top trunk is detachable, but only by removing a lot of screws and bolts, it can't just be unlatched for example.

Compare the price to what you might see on Craigslist and CycleTrader. 33K miles is not a lot for this bike. As Phil said, the top trunk is detachable, but only by removing a lot of screws and bolts, it can't just be unlatched for example.
Um... the stock Honda top case CAN be unlatched with little effort. Just use the key to open the latch, pull the red knob, and it lifts right off.

Now, if you want to change the bike back to not having the top case, then you have to remove about 8 bolts that hold the rear carrier base and the rear carrier bracket on.

I never knew that! Thanks!
If you have aftermarket brake lights installed under the lenses in your top case, be sure to disconnect the small electrical cable before snatching your top case off and heading inside with it!

The connector is usually located near the bottom back of the top case. Just screws off leaving the short cable behind on the bike.

While we are talking Top Cases: there is a nice, used red one (Honda Top Case for the NT700) on Ebay right now for $179...........

For me, Cycle trader is the cat's meow for determining what bikes go for at any given time....and I used it to find my left over new in the crate FJR and VFR

Um... the stock Honda top case CAN be unlatched with little effort. Just use the key to open the latch, pull the red knob, and it lifts right off.

If the bike is on the side stand when removing the top box, be sure to be holding it securely when pushing the red latch 'cause that baby will slide right off the mount and ding the left passenger grab rail before it crashes to the ground. This is the voice of experience talkin' to ya' 😣

Mike

Last edited:

I thought the Honda top box was like my Givi: unlock it, push a button. and lift it off.

I have chance to buy 2010 Honda NT all luggage including top back. Is that detatchable? 33k miles I know guy took care of it. Is $2500 good price?
It sounds like a good deal. I would still look a little close myself. Be sure to check everything out closely and make sure the bodywork is all there and in good condition. See if the seller will let you take it for a test ride. After the test ride, that should be enough for you to make a decision. $2,500 is a great deal if all is on the up and up. :thumb:

I am relatively new to the NT700V "party", but my opinion is that $2,500 NT's are "few and far between"...........GRAB it..........!!!!! The NT was a high-$$$$ bike ($9,995, right??) when it sold 12 years ago here in the USA. They appear to be holding their value pretty good these days.

I wouldn't sell either one of my NT's for $2500!
I am with CR. The market place is wild. GM is shutting down North America production due to chip shortage....that is not cheep to do. Look at the cars/ bikes that were ruined in 13 states due to fires and floods.....and they have chips too.
Let cycle trader be your guide. The NT is a great basic bike and mid weight tourer. You can still get parts and IIRC we only had one guy here who had an issue we couldnt fix.....

Over here in the UK NT700 prices are pretty solid with a couple of dealers asking silly money over the summer months but they will be stuck with them if they don't drop the price for winter.
I paid a dealer over the odds for my bike but it was the condition and low mileage that I went for, the previous owner had fitted all Honda extras,
The bike is actually a 2007 model but first registered in Late 2008 buying without seeing can have it's downfalls, when delivered I was surprised to find it didn't have the adjustable screen or ABS brakes but as I have ridden bikes for years without ABS I wasn't bothered and the screen has an extension fitted which is perfect for my height so not bothered about not having the later adjustable screen.
The locking system on the rear panniers is a weak point but if you are careful when closing it shouldn't be a problem.

On Facebook, there is a Red NT700 in Portland, Tn (north of Nashville)......3,600 miles, Top Box + Deaville Oversized Panniers.........$4,600. Been on there 2 weeks, so he may take less??

Back
Top Bottom