Couldn't stand it-ordered oem topbox

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
If Honda knew what they were doing all the time, they'd still be importing the NT!
The mothership always know best. She just doesnt always feel the need to give us an explaination :) By the way in the latest issue of Rider that I got last night Honda has a two page ad for the new NC700X. I don't remember ever seeing an ad for the NT700V.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Warren, your memory and mine are in concurrence. I subscribe to all the mainstream MC magazines (plus "Bike" from the UK) and I've never seen an NT ad.

And, Ron, you're right, too, with your evaluation of American buying patterns. Outside of a few young smart guys and a bunch of old wise ones, the NT seems never to have registered on American motorcyclist's radar.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I stopped in to my multi brand dealer today to pick up some Honda coolant. They did not have any NT's. They had one ST and one Norge. They had four Gold Wings and three Gold Wing trikes. All the rest of the bikes were cruisers or sport bikes or adventure touring. A lot of adventure touring bikes.

elizilla

Adventure touring bikes are big these days. I'm loving it. About time that something I like gets high enough on the fashion food chain, for some choices to appear!

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Adventure touring bikes are big these days. I'm loving it. About time that something I like gets high enough on the fashion food chain, for some choices to appear!
They had three of the 1000 cc V-Stroms. Looks like Suzuki has decided to get back in the liter plus adventure category. They also had a few Super 10's and a few of the new Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTC adventure bikes.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I like the adventure touring bikes too but am leery of the reasoning behind them and the direction they seem to be going. I love the idea of a midsize go-anywhere, do-anything machine - kinda look to me like standards that have been made macho for the american public. But just like most of the insanely fast and uncomfortable sportbikes will never see a track, I'm betting that the only gravel these "adventure" bikes will see will be in intersections. And have you noticed how quickly they're increasing the weight and cc's? How soon before we see a 1800cc adventure bike? Probably would be a best seller.
:doh1:
Oops, sorry. Had a cynical philosophical moment and hijacked the thread.... What were we talking about? :rofl1:@myself

elizilla

I don't have to see gravel to appreciate the adventure bike. Where I live, the pavement can be as rough as a moon crater, so the long travel suspension is well suited. And the extremely tall ergos fit me well. The worst terrain my Super10 is likely to see, is in some campground driveway or some fire road somewhere. If I wanted to do true offroad, I'd be looking for a bike I could be more casual about flinging on the ground and picking up again.

But I'd be just as happy with the Super10, if it were two thirds as much power in a frame the same size. Suzuki did it right when they made a DL650 that was ergonomically identical to the DL1000.

Top Bottom