Covers

maverick1062a

This is my first post. I have a question in regards to bike covers. Any recommendations? I'm looking for a year round type cover. One that has an option for locking would also be good, not that it's needed for now but it would be a nice feature. Thanks in advance.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
If you use the search function you should find a few discussions of full covers and half covers in here somewhere.... The Honda OEM optional cover is fairly popular for a full cover but is an expensive option compared to the third party ones...

EDIT: I just moved your post in to the section covers have been discussed in, take look around here....

Last edited:
Bike
75 Honda CB360/Buell P3
I have this cover And it fits like a glove, seems to be durable and water resistant enough. I found the Honda cover a bit too bulky when packed. I don't remeber if I ordered the L ot XL. Let me know and I can check for you.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I just got a Geza Gear Cover. It's more expensive than most of the others, but I have really been impressed with Geza's products that I've seen on other people's bikes. They offered a "deal" on a new product line last fall and I bought one. It took forever to come and then it didn't fit very well. I told Geza that it didn't and they said they had made a mistake and would send me a new cover. Then nothing happened for quite a while (like maybe a month). In the meantime, I used the first cover they had sent me and decided it worked pretty well and that I'd just keep it.

Then I got a call from Tom at Geza and he explained that they'd had some personnel issues and that my 2nd cover had fallen through the crack, but he was going to make everything right.

So last week, a new Geza cover showed up. It fits much better and I'm happy with it. I'll try to get some pictures of it posted here later in the week.

It's a nice snug fit, and Geza says you can use it while the bike is on a trailer at high speeds. Well, I'll never test that useage, but I think it'll stand up to any kind of weather.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
I have the Honda cover. I have used it virtually every day for the last two years and there are no signs of deterioration other than looking a little grubby.

It works well in temperatures down to -20C.
It does a good job of keeping the rain off and will "wick" the water away that is already on the bike.

One thing to note about ALL covers is that, in very cold weather with large quantities of snow the screen, when in a raised position, can get damaged from the weight. There are even reports of the screen being broken - putting it all the way down helps.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
It's a nice snug fit, and Geza says you can use it while the bike is on a trailer at high speeds.
That is quite a claim... Trailering a bike with any cover is usually a very fast trip to ruined paint and windshields. Any dirt on the bike, or inside the cover, is rubbed around like sandpaper on the bikes finish...the result usually isn't very pretty...

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I have the Honda cover for rain and bad weather when I am parked at home. It acts as the NT's garage in all weather conditions since I do not have a garage to pack in. It fits well with the windshield down and the top box off. It is size small. I also have a silver 1/2 cover that I travel with and put on when the NT is parked at work or when I am on a over nighter away from home. It packs small and fits in my top box without taking up too much room.

OP
OP

maverick1062a

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad I found this forum, it's been a real helper.

MAC

Rick, I like that it's USA made. Would you like to share where you got it, Brand name, model, size and cost? : -) Thanks

bicyclist

Rick's cover is the EZ Touring Wanderer, I believe. They also sell the Traveller A, which is the one I use. It's a half cover. I bought it after using a Traveller B for many years. The difference is that the A will cover a tail trunk.
http://www.eztouring.com/products.htm

OP
OP

maverick1062a

Thanks,I went with the Dowco, XL. It's a great fit with the GIVI 46 box on the back and Garmin on the handle bar.

OP
OP

maverick1062a

Thanks for all the replies. I just put on a Dowco in XL that fits great with the GIVI 46 top box.

Top Bottom