Curviest Roads

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
So what/where are your curviest roads? I would limit this to roads not off road trails.
The one that comes to mind for me is the road going to Mt. Nebo here in Arkansas. It is close to me across the Arkansas River. There is a state park on top. Rt 155 leads up to the park. Trailers are limited to less than 24 ft, the grade is 18% in places, and several curves are posted at 10 MPH. There are gouges in the road made by trailer hitches dragging while negotiating the tight switchbacks with the steep grade. The uphill part is only about 3 miles. This is Arkansas, the top elevation is only1350 ft, but it sure uses some curves to get there. Not a place to get in a hurry. If you meet someone they may not be in their lane as they negotiate the curves.
I have been on it on a bicycle with rubber caliper brakes on the rims (no disc brakes). I was careful to not get too much speed coming down so the brakes would not overheat and melt or something.
Here are a couple pics from the top on a cloudy day. It sprinkled rained on me on the way down.

Brad

DSCN0766.JPG DSCN0767.JPG

Bike
2010 NT700V
Oh geeze.... Where to begin? I've been all over the map sports touring. Might as well just start with California, and I know for a fact I haven't seen all the Golden State has to offer.

Anything around Angeles Crest Hwy

California 36 is a destination ride. Top tier motorcycle experience.
This is indeed a real sign, if it hasn't been stolen. A common photo op for motorcycles.

Anything around Rim of the World Highway, even 38 down from Big Bear

Anything around north Sequoia (when roads are open obviously)

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Curviest roads I've ridden were east of Tiefencastel, Switzerland, in the Swiss Alps. Curviest in the US, the Dragon, the west side of Trail Ridge Road in RMNP, Beartooth Pass, the west side of Lolo Pass on US-12 in Idaho, CO-93 between Crawford and Blue Mesa Dam.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
The great roads in Missouri can be found south of I-44 in the central and western parts of the state. Keep going south and you transition into northern Arkansas where the hits just keep on coming. The eastern part of southern Missouri and northern Arkansas is Mississippi delta country which is pretty flat.

Mike

Bike
KLR650, Red NT700V, YZFR3
Oh geeze.... Where to begin? I've been all over the map sports touring. Might as well just start with California, and I know for a fact I haven't seen all the Golden State has to offer.

Anything around Angeles Crest Hwy

California 36 is a destination ride. Top tier motorcycle experience.
This is indeed a real sign, if it hasn't been stolen. A common photo op for motorcycles.

Anything around Rim of the World Highway, even 38 down from Big Bear

Anything around north Sequoia (when roads are open obviously)
Rode this years ago on my PC 800 amazing ride.190 (3).jpg

Reactions: JQL
Top Bottom