Cycletrader.com Listings

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
There are 90 NT700s listed on Cycletrader.com right now. An interesting one is at New York Honda in Long Island City, NY. It's a 2011 that they're asking $8380 for. It's used with 77,890 miles on the clock! I can't help but wonder if that's misprint -- if it's not, I think they're a little optomistic about their price. They've got another one listed with 7700 miles on it and they're asking $8480 for that one. I can't help but wonder if they're not really the same bike.

Well, now I've scanned through all four pages of listings. There aren't 90 NTs listed. There are a couple of VFR1200s, a couple of Shadows, and....

one Varadero (which looks just like an NT700V in its picture....

I'm guessing that quite a few of the ads are duplicates/repeats. But still there seem to be a number of bikes for sale, in all three (or four) varieties: 2011 Pearl Blacks with ABS, 2010 Silver with ABS (and probably some Silver without ABS, and 2010 Red.

Lots in Texas. Quite a few along the east coast, a few in California, Nevada, and Arizona, and some in the mid-west.

I'm tempted to buy a spare.:rofl1:

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I'd guess all of those prices are negotiable, wouldn't you?

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
Those do seem pretty optimistic.

My Triumph dealer still has my NT listed on their website for $5999 - located in southeastern NH.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Charlie, I'm not looking for that spare just yet! I had been in some conversation with Pete who's looking to buy one and hoping to find one with farkles and near DC. He should have bought Andy Morley's but fiddled around too long and just missed it.

I still think that if Honda had done even a little bit of marketing of this bike, it would still be selling. If it had gotten half the ad support the NC700X, it would be doing great. I think.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Phil,

Just kidding anyway.

I don't know about sales. I think the NC sells because it is cheap. I notice that a lot of the NT's are selling for under $8k new now. If they had started out at $8k I think they would have sold a lot more of them. Honda was having sales difficulties with the ST and then they added the NT, when they already had the big scooter as well. A really small niche. Honda seems to have a lot of difficulty in the "in between" market, ie, in between the Gold Wing and the sport bikes. They need to pick one and do it right instead of compromising six or seven different ways.

I would dump the ST, make a real sport touring bike based on the VFR1200 (slightly bigger fairing/windshield and good set of bags), then have options on the NC for touring (like decent size bags and large windshield). But, then price the larger one below $14k and the smaller one under $8k).

slider

I might have a well farkled (the expensive ones anyway) low mile beauty on there soon.

Charlie, I'm not looking for that spare just yet! I had been in some conversation with Pete who's looking to buy one and hoping to find one with farkles and near DC. He should have bought Andy Morley's but fiddled around too long and just missed it.

I still think that if Honda had done even a little bit of marketing of this bike, it would still be selling. If it had gotten half the ad support the NC700X, it would be doing great. I think.
I'm sorry for Pete, but if you snooze, you loose. I'm the one who purchased Andy's NT and I'll be hauling my trailer over to Houston (from Orlando) to pick it up. I feel very lucky to get Andy's NT as he put a lot of effort into all the farkles - actually I think that it was a labor of love. I already have two trips planned - a short one up to NC and VA in May to see my sons and their families. Then a long one in Sept out west. I plan to hike down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and also hike some of the slot canyons of Southern Utah. I already have most all of the camping gear, including the flex-life chair and the TT D-66 luggage, Big Angus sleeping bag, the Exped sleeping Mat and several OR Dry Compression Sacks. One reason I purchased the camping equipment before the bike is that I am also using it for kayak camping here in Florida. The best of both worlds.:smile:

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Hey, Wendell, congratulations on getting Andy's bike! It'll be a steal with all he's/they've done to it.

Slider, whatchoo' thinkin' 'bout doin'?

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Most of my life, when I REALLY liked something, I bought two of them and never regretted it. But this is the first bike that I would consider buying another one of and just riding it a bit here and there.Keeping it in reserve.
That way, the first bike will last for ever! (Gumperson's Law)I cant explain it to others, but the NT is a very special bike.

pglc

Wendell, I was one step behind you, next time I'll be froggy. Glad to know that the bike is going to another rider and I mean rider.

Last edited by a moderator:

pglc

Thanks, but I'm looking for the farkles Slider might be putting his ride up for sale.

slider

Slider, whatchoo' thinkin' 'bout doin'?
FJR but I don't want the first year. I'll probably own a 2014. I really wanted an ST but everyone told me to start smaller after 19 years off. I thought ok I'm not going to be hard headed. Seems I'm one of the few who could have went right on one. I knew after 50 miles I needed more bike. I probably will try to keep it a little longer but I don't see me running it 80k or anything. I did the big lids, wind deflectors and under cowl right away and am now wiring it up but it's still probably not quite enough for me. Maybe in 20 years lol.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Eric, I called Pete's ("pglc") attention to your bike, so he knows about it. Good luck on selling it.

slider

We had a change of heart yesterday. Me and the wife put on the pads (tank and knee) and did some Dullville deleting on the lids . Then started prepping the back box for it's customization/installation . She now wants gear and to learn to ride. Oh boy, looks like a keeper.

Top Bottom