David Silver Spares opens their own museum

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
What I like best about the bikes being displayed is they've been restored to appear as they did when showroom new. No metalflake paint, no trick wheels or pipes, ape hanger bars, billet parts, etc. This is only about 6 min long. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Went there just before lockdown 1 as it is only an hour or so from me - though along unexciting roads. Lovely place and in the week generally very quiet so easy to linger and remembering the ones that you had - and those you lusted after when in ones youth. CD175 I had then (85K hard miles and worn out, mostly 2 up.....), CB750 I wanted......... If you are ever over this side of the pond then there are three bike museums to visit - the National near Birmingham, Sammy Miller's not far from Southampton and David Silver's place in Suffolk, happy to advise anyone doing a road trip in the future (assuming Covid and Environmentalists allow!!).

Mr. Silver's Staff purchased a 1972 Honda 750-4 from me about 6 years ago at the Barber Vintage Festival (which is 2 weeks away, Oct. 8-10).......paid me about what I was asking. I was happy.

P7310024.JPG

P7310027.JPG

Nice to see Freddie, memories from the 1970's. Worked at Spencer's Suzuki, many races at Ross Downs, sat behind he and his mother at the Astrodome when his brother won the Junior Invitational.....

Holy Molé. :eek:

I can recognize over 85% of the bikes shown in those scenes. Not bad for someone of my age. I’ve been riding Honda’s almost exclusively since 1987.

Back
Top Bottom