Delkevic Length: 14" Sub-Type: Slip On Muffler

Hello..way late post. Just stumbled on this on as very interested in bringing bit more character to my NT but still keep it aligned with the nature of the bike. Often with exhaust upgrades, the sound is great for short trips but on longer multiple day rides, the new sound (droning) often becomes more of an irritant. The stock exhaust day after day and mile after remains easy on the ears and quite endurable. What's been your experience with the Delkavic? Jay

Bike
NT700va
I have been using one for 8 months and like it. It is a little loud but not too. I also purchased a slip on resistor from UK which makes the computer think it is lean and enriches the gas slightly. This is sure cheaper and simpler than going to a Dyno shop and installing one of those chips. Previous post list details. When installing Delkavic use extra care in slipping it on pipe. The wire gasket can easily be distorted. Instructions warn you of this. Company shipping and handling was very efficient. Makes the NT seem like it has more power and soul.

Good info..thank you. Don't see a downside to a bit more soul and power. Found a complete system, 14" oval for $90. Lightly used. Thinking price is worth the pipes alone. Should the sound not be to my liking, could always cut off the 14'" muffler and add a Harley muffler.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Should the sound not be to my liking, could always cut off the 14'" muffler and add a Harley muffler.
That's been done as well. :) Someone used either a Sportster or Dyna muffler and raked it up a bit.

EDIT: See the Harley Muffler thread HERE.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 red NT
I ride with ear plugs or lately Bluetooth to my phone and I have no problems with the exhaust sound. But to be fair I haven't rode this thing longer than 6 hours.

Am I the only person who loves the look of the factory muffler? It looks so fitted, I wouldn't dare to change it. But I do have a delkevic on my other bike, CB 1100, and the sound is glorious.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I'm like you. I like the look of the stock muffler. I also enjoy not being heard in our quiet neighborhood. The sound I miss from my C10 Concours is the intake noise above 6K rpm.

Bike
2010 red NT
I worked third shift for 16 years and the only thing a quiet exhaust got me was animals in the road. After three collisions with Deer I put the Yoshimira back on the Hawk GT and ran the Goldwing with the stereo turned up.
I have also had far to many people step out in front of me because they couldn't hear me.
The Delkivic can't be heard from 100 ft away. My police dept. approves.
If you don't like it, don't do it.

Fitted Delkavic, yet to hear the sound as Bike just rebuilt and in UK, all MOT stations are closed. I stripped my NT back but have brand new tupperware ready so it can be made as is.

Attachments

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Your semi-naked NT looks interesting. But I'll just keep my dingy, faded plastic. :)

Yes, I did intend to fully dress and apply Rothmans colour scheme, and perhaps I still will if it fails MOT due to being undressed.
The polished foot hangers look better than standard, as on all UK models they seem to fade and look awfull.

Top Bottom