Different strokes for different folks.

Hi Guys, just thought I would share some photos of my other bikes, obviously a trend now to a more sedate upright riding position, gone now are my VFR days but the pleasure of just being out on a bike with your mates will never leave you.

Having only recently purchased my Deauville I have to say just how comfortable and easy to get on with it is, lots of people say they are a top heavy difficult to move about yet I don’t experience that problem despite being 5’-8” with a short 29” inside leg.
Our drive way is gravel with access to our main garden through a 4’ wide gate with a 7” step down, I have made a ramp which works fine.
It certainly looks like the Deauville will become my go to bike I am enjoying it that much.

Deauville9.jpg

CB500X 1.jpg

Honda CB550 1.jpg

w650.jpg

W800 5.jpg

OP
OP
robbie box
Nice collection of varied bikes! :)
Hi and thanks for the kind comment, have to say the W800 & W650 are so alike in many ways and equally different machines to ride, if I was pushed into parting with one of them I would keep the W650, despite the UK now getting the new E10 fuel and the problems that brings to an engine with a Carburettor.
How do you guys manage the E10 fuel in older machines, everyday running and laying up over winter etc?

Bike
2010 NT700V
obviously a trend now to a more sedate upright riding position, gone now are my VFR days but the pleasure of just being out on a bike with your mates will never leave you.
What generation? My VFR posture is now more upright than the Deauville. I have to thank member Frosty here for making me aware of the handlebar kit that does this. This can be done relatively easily to 1998-2007 VFRs with different versions of the kit.

OP
OP
robbie box
What generation? My VFR posture is now more upright than the Deauville. I have to thank member Frosty here for making me aware of the handlebar kit that does this. This can be done relatively easily to 1998-2007 VFRs with different versions of the kit.
Looked at a few kits to lift the bars but they all fouled the fairing so a no go for us.
I am sorry that I have to cringe every time I see a Honda CB550K. :eek:

It was the second-worst bike that I ever owned. Technically speaking, I really had two of them.

What Was The Worst Motorcycle You Ever Owned? - Brillot2000
Surprised you experienced problems with the CB550/4 over here in the UK the model was actually called the F2 and considered bullet proof, almost the same performance as the CB750 in a smaller more agile frame.

Bike
2010 NT700V
Looked at a few kits to lift the bars but they all fouled the fairing so a no go for us.
The police handlebar kit only requires chopping the sides off a windscreen. Doesn't interfere with any painted bodywork.

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Surprised you experienced problems with the CB550/4 over here in the UK the model was actually called the F2 and considered bullet proof, almost the same performance as the CB750 in a smaller more agile frame.
Again, I am sorry and that was not the case with me. Well, I actually had the experience with 3 of them counting my brother-in-law's bike. It had a slew of other issues than what I experienced. I should've learned from them. However, I bought my first one for $150 USD back in 1990 or so after my CB750 Hondamatic had blown up.

The CB550/4s were known for poor top-end lubrication issues. Mine experienced that issue, which caused the camshaft to break into 4 pieces while I was riding into school one morning.

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Hi and thanks for the kind comment, have to say the W800 & W650 are so alike in many ways and equally different machines to ride, if I was pushed into parting with one of them I would keep the W650, despite the UK now getting the new E10 fuel and the problems that brings to an engine with a Carburettor.
How do you guys manage the E10 fuel in older machines, everyday running and laying up over winter etc?
I gave up on my carbureted bikes, they required too much fiddling to keep them running. E10 absorbs moisture out of the air, which fills the float bowls with water, which means no-start unless I drained the carbs. It got to be too much hassle for occasional use machines. I pared down to just the NT, and couldn't be happier.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I read in a Brit magazine that the W800 had noticeable vibration over the W650. I rode a W650 when they came out a long, long time ago and I was really impressed. It did everything a "modern bike" would do and in no way did it seem retro.

Top Bottom