OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
MAC,

I think someone else has mentioned his service and his saddles and been very happy with both. Thanks for the recommendation.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Well, now I know what all the hoo ha is about.

I've had the chance to put some miles on my new Russell Day-Long - - and it is fantastic. I had a 250 miler Tuesday night and another 300 miler last night. My butt was totally fine - not even a touch of soreness or numbness.

As Rick said, the seat changes the riding position just a little, but it was enough for me to have some muscle tightness across the shoulder blades. But, during the coming-home part of last night's ride, I noticed even that is going away as my body adapts. As to putting my foot down when stopped, I can't even tell you how I do it, but no problems there either.

Another big fan of the RDL saddle!

Last edited:
Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
I would speculate there will be some Russell seats on bikes at Pigeon Forge that will be available for testing. I will speculate that mine will be; unless I decide to give the Ultra Classic a chance to stretch her legs. That decision is still formulating in my head depending on what all happens between now and then.
It doesn't have Russell on it, but it is far from stock HD as it has been reworked by MR MOTO seats in Albany Oregon. Don Weber there builds a good seat , The HD stock was good for about one tank of gas before it got to hurting, it currently is good for a LONG day . Ab out the same price of a Russel but only a 45 minut ride from my house. I has been on for over 20,000 miles

Eldon

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
rick or phil or eldon, i got the raincover for rdl. it does not have any holes in bottom for feet that slide into their respective slots. do you just push the seat on with cover or make slots for seat feet? also for rick did he cut a slot for backrest?

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
they must be making them different now, its like a pillow case! I don't need any pics, I wish they made with elastic bands underneath

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I have the same problem - durned if I can figure out how to put mine on. I finally figured out a way, but I had to take the seat off, and when I did, the cover was stretched very tight in some places.

Yes, photos, please.

Bike
My covers <I have two ro three of them all fit loosly. I never remove the seat to put one on, I pull it down around the front end of the seat, then around the wings of the seat, then pull it down around the back portion. It fits looseand as Rick says it doesn't flop around , nor want to pull loose when I dismount. If it looks like I may be going into some wet weather I will put it on ahead of time so as not to get my leather damp.. AS Rick says I have had the covers for several years and they still look good and do tier job.

Eldon

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
well stupid is me! after looking at the cover briefly 2 times in 2 days, I wrote my earlier post about "how does that cover work?". well, I looked at it again, this time I spotted the pocket for the driver backrest, and worked myself away from that forming what would be to cover the rest of seat with the elastic, not like a pillow case cover that I announced earlier. so all is well. but here on the forum sometimes we come up with new words. new word: STICKITTOOFNESS - when preparing for shipping, item has been compacted at a high level of compression that makes the unwrapped item unrecognizable!

Bike
I think most all of us learned something from the question about the cover , Particularly regarding one with the backrest cover built into the basic cover, I for one wasn't aware of this until I read Ricks post about it.

I sure wouldn't call that stupidity; I would guess that with what was most likely vey stormy weather that you were dealing with that you were just in a hurry and wanted to get the seat covered before it got wet.

I had a similar experience in trying to get the windshield wipers turned on in the 07 Vette! after fumbling around with no results I had to pull over and get out the owners manual and read it. then I really had to read to figure out how to make the AUTO seat and mirror adjustment work or me when I got into it. that owners manual is almost like a reading and studying for a very serious & bookish test in many fields.I have spent hours in it and still am a long way of understanding all about the car.

Eldon

Eldon

Top Bottom