Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride - 2023

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Once again, I am riding in the Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride this Sunday, May 21st in St Louis. The DGR is a worldwide event for motorcyclists in every major city in virtually every country. It is a fundraising effort by the Movember Foundation to raise money for research into mens prostate cancer and mens mental health. It costs nothing to participate and you are not required to raise funds to participate. Just show up, meet some great people and show your support for these mens health issues. This is my eighth year in participating and I am looking forward to seeing my DGR friends once again. Dress up in your dapper duds and come join us!
Here is a link for more information...

https://www.gentlemansride.com

Ride Dapper!

Mike

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Some of us may not be very distinguished or all that good at being gentlemanly.
Dapper may work.
Sounds like a good cause.

Arknt

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
Does a ‘Stich Roadcrafter suit qualify as “Dapper”? Not wise to wear a dapper Hart, Shaffer & Marx business suit!

• Haha
Reactions: JQL

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
I'm riding in Paris but, like last year, not on the NT700.

Last year I won the "goodie bag" of stickers (inc mustache), baseball cap, key ring etc. and had a thoroughly good time.

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Does a ‘Stich Roadcrafter suit qualify as “Dapper”? Not wise to wear a dapper Hart, Shaffer & Marx business suit!
Yoda, it's the only ride of the year that I'm not ATGATT. It's a short ride at slow speeds and the major intersections are policed. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Mike

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
Feels very naked riding without ATGATT. Only for special occasions.
Mike, it seems like your event is about the same risk as going for a walk.

JQL

Bike
Yoda, it's the only ride of the year that I'm not ATGATT. It's a short ride at slow speeds and the major intersections are policed. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Not quite so sedate in Paris if last year was anything to go by. I, therefore, will be ATGATT but when we are at the congregation point and final meeting point, I'll change my bike gear for my "Presidential look :D "

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Not quite so sedate in Paris if last year was anything to go by. I, therefore, will be ATGATT but when we are at the congregation point and final meeting point, I'll change my bike gear for my "Presidential look :D "
Wow! I checked the DGR website and you have over 300 fellow riders in gay Paree. We have a little over 100 registered in St. Louis. We usually have some late comers who register at the last minute and wind up with ~120 riders.

Mike

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
Mike - I checked out the link to the DGR. Unfortunately, they only allow certain styles of motorcycles. Vintage, classic, etc. Leaves me and my dual sport out.
Anyway, there are 178 riders registered for the event in Albuquerque, NM. I may have to borrow some wheels next year and give it a go. Thanks for the info.

Rich

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Mike - I checked out the link to the DGR. Unfortunately, they only allow certain styles of motorcycles. Vintage, classic, etc. Leaves me and my dual sport out.
Anyway, there are 178 riders registered for the event in Albuquerque, NM. I may have to borrow some wheels next year and give it a go. Thanks for the info.

Rich
Rich, go! They encourage you to ride vintage/classic bikes but they are NOT required. Probably half of the bikes in StL will be current models and my son in Cleveland says the same thing. John, who posts here as JQL is riding his FJR in Paris. You will be glad you went.

Mike

JQL

Bike
Well I failed. I missed the DGR :(

I have managed to damage my right hand, I don't really know how. I can't used it to grip or lift anything. I spent yesterday evening and this morning with it wrapped in ice but, although and little better, not enough to manhandle a 280 kg motorcycle in the streets of Paris.

Mike, I trust you had a good time and were suitably "dapper".

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Well I failed. I missed the DGR :(

I have managed to damage my right hand, I don't really know how. I can't used it to grip or lift anything. I spent yesterday evening and this morning with it wrapped in ice but, although and little better, not enough to manhandle a 280 kg motorcycle in the streets of Paris.

Mike, I trust you had a good time and were suitably "dapper".
Yes, indeed! Had a good time and suitably dapper.... in fact I won a mens toiletry set for being the most dapper! The toiletry set had a bottle of shampoo and conditioner for thick hair...... hell, I just wish I had hair, thick or otherwise... BTW, we raised ~$14K for the cause in StL and at 230p CDT, the DGR worldwide had gotten $6.6 million in the till.... not bad....
:rofl1:
Mike

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
Yes, indeed! Had a good time and suitably dapper.... in fact I won a mens toiletry set for being the most dapper! The toiletry set had a bottle of shampoo and conditioner for thick hair...... hell, I just wish I had hair, thick or otherwise... BTW, we raised ~$14K for the cause in StL and at 230p CDT, the DGR worldwide had gotten $6.6 million in the till.... not bad....
:rofl1:
Mike
Congratulations, Mike. Great effort for a good cause. Photos of your dapper self??
Rich

Top Bottom