Does anyone consider the Honda VFR1200F?

I actually almost bought the VFR1200, back in 2010 when I bought the NT. I had an older VFR and I just loved it. I was ready to buy the new one, counting down the days to the unveiling. Then it arrived with a tiny tank and terrible range. Most of the time, that doesn't matter. I live in the eastern USA and there are plenty of gas stations. But sometimes the stars align and I get to go out west, and the range becomes a huge thing. You work all year towards that one vacation and then to have it messed up by tank range? I didn't buy the VFR. I bought the NT instead. And range was the crucial deciding factor.

Now, though, I wish I had bought the VFR. The VFR still attracted me strongly but at the time I thought I would wait and pick up a used one to play with, later. Little did I know that I only had a few years left to ride a machine like that, and that I would never get around to taking the NT out west where I would actually need that range. Now I've missed my chance. I will never get to ride the VFR1200.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually almost bought the VFR1200, back in 2010 when I bought the NT. I had an older VFR and I just loved it. I was ready to buy the new one, counting down the days to the unveiling. Then it arrived with a tiny tank and terrible range. Most of the time, that doesn't matter. I live in the eastern USA and there are plenty of gas stations. But sometimes the stars align and I get to go out west, and the range becomes a huge thing. You work all year towards that one vacation and then to have it messed up by tank range? I didn't buy the VFR. I bought the NT instead. And range was the crucial deciding factor.

Now, though, I wish I had bought the VFR. The VFR still attracted me strongly but at the time I thought I would wait and pick up a used one to play with, later. Little did I know that I only had a few years left to ride a machine like that, and that I would never get around to taking the NT out west where I would actually need that range. Now I've missed my chance. I will never get to ride the VFR1200.

Possibly demo one just to get it out of your system?? Sometimes the grass LOOKS greener on the other side of the fence BUT it isn't!

Gizmo. You might have overlooked this part. It is not a choice.

"Little did I know that I only had a few years left to ride a machine like that..... Now I've missed my chance. I will never get to ride the VFR1200."

Gizmo. You might have overlooked this part. It is not a choice.

"Little did I know that I only had a few years left to ride a machine like that..... Now I've missed my chance. I will never get to ride the VFR1200."

No, I did not miss it ... but we do have good days though. Besides, a demo ride will only last about a hour ... the idea was just to ride to see what it was like!

Back
Top Bottom