Dunlop Roadsmart II

silshooter

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I have one of the "left over" NT's, bought new in May, 2014.
At 5k miles the front tire was scaring me with its uncanny ability to let go at the wrong times. Changed to the Dunlop, years of brand loyalty made my decision. Really pleased after a couple of hundred miles, smoother and more stable. Especially pleased with the transition into and out of corners, makes it easy to follow a curve, or alter my line, without any unexpected movements.
I have heard great things about the life of these tires on the ST1300's, will see how it does on this smaller bike.
C-Ya,
Charlie

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Charlie, I had a Roadsmart II on the rear of my NT after puncturing a PR3 in South Dakota in '12. The Honda dealer in Spearfish didn't have anything that fit the NT, and the one in
Rapid City had a Roadsmart. It felt like a pretty good tire, but didn't have the life that I've gotten out of PR3s and PR4s. Seems like it didn't quite make 10K.

OP
OP
silshooter

silshooter

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Phil, that is not good news....Hope this pair works longer than yours. Will let folks know as the miles roll. Thanks.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
my front roadsmart 2 had the best tire life of any so far at 26,000 miles. I have PR4 on now front now to see how much I can get. but roadsmart 2 outlasted PR3 front

Last edited:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I have had several sets of Roadsmart 2's and am very pleased. I got 21K out of my last front tire and 18K out of my last rear tire.

Mike

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I just replaced the rear Roadsmart 2 with another one. This one had 22,000 miles and there still was a lot of treadlife left. I am planning a lengthy trip out west next month and this one has been plugged so I played it safe and got a new one. I'm a firm believer in this tire.

Mike

Top Bottom