Easter Get-a-way !

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
With another great weather weekend upon us, I decided to take my Easter plans on the road. Got out of town on Saturday morning a little late, rode about 5 hours from home on some awesome twisties and had my modest little camp set up by 4pm on Saturday evening. On the way we stopped a couple times to take on liquids and once for fuel and food. Here's my sidekick waiting patiently while I retrieved lunch.

He was on the ground sitting beside the bike when I went inside. I think he likes sitting on the seat so from now on that's where he'll get to wait.

The campground was nearly empty when I arrived and I believe the total was about three sites being occupied. There was no one in the loop I had chosen which is right beside a mountain stream. Here's the bike sitting in the pullout while I was deciding which site to take.

There was plenty of blowdown and treetops laying everywhere so firewood was not a problem. It didn't take Long to get a nice fire going which kept myself and my dog Buddy nice and toasty while we listened to the conversation between two Barred Owls. The sun failed to appear like the weather man said it should and it was a bit chilly by nightfall. As the sounds of the owls faded into the night it was time to turn in.

On Easter morning it didn't take long to have a blazing fire to sit by and enjoy a nice hot cup of coffee. I had plenty of wood and had all day to get home so I enjoyed the morning.

Even took time to take a short hike on one of the trails at the campground.

It was difficult to say goodby to camp and it was off again on a different adventure for the day. I rode several of the best roads I know in WV and made a very non-direct route to get home by. Stopped by the National Radio Astronomy Observatory at Green Bank WV on the way through.

After a quick stop in Elkins, WV for fuel and fluid intake it was off again on some great twists and turns the rest of the way home. A wonderful 507 miles on some of the best roads WV has to offer. What a great weekend. I hope everyone had a great Easter, I sure did.

OP
OP
WVRider

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
It looks like you had a really nice trip. I wish we had twisties and elevation changes in South Florida. Like you my wife and I did take advantage of some really nice weather (high of only 80 degrees) and did a 2-up 200 mile jaunt from Miami to Lake Okeechobee and back. What a great escape from the daily grind.

P.S. Where does the dog sit when you are under way? : )
Rides in my jacket.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
That's really neat. I would love to train my cat to ride in my tank bag. I saw one modified for a Yorkie--about the same size as my cat.

skiper

Very Nice Ride Report - I like the bags you have. Is the tank bag the same in both photos ? Is it expandable , and how about the one on the tail ?

paulh

the bike looks fantastic with the sun shining on it. nice pics too.

OP
OP
WVRider

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Very Nice Ride Report - I like the bags you have. Is the tank bag the same in both photos ? Is it expandable , and how about the one on the tail ?
Hey Skiper thanks. No the tank bags are different and so are the tail bags. The later picture was an old one. The ones in front of the Observatory are my newer ones. Totally love the tail bag. It's the T-Bags Raven Tail bag with the small top bag as well. I just purchased one for my lady friend for her GS500F and it looks great on it too. I still have the smaller Joe Rocket tank bag and use it once in a while for short trips, however love the larger one better. I had to modify the magnets on it. Had to turn them over, internally (was tough) so I could fold the ear flaps underneath and the magnets still hold. The front and back one would likely do the job but figured I might as well use them all. It's big but doesn't get in the way of anything. I just pulled it up in the back and move it up on the handlebars with refueling.

The Raven Tail bag is awesome. Uses four nylon straps to hold it in place and has tabs for netting or bungies on top if you need. Doesn't shift around when riding and you can really load it up. Found mine at Motorcycle Superstore.com.

Here are a couple more shots with it loaded and other stuff on top even.

Here's a shot from the back. Smaller picture but you can see how it hooks to the tabs they give you for the license plate mount.

skiper

Hey - I like it -- I'll look into it .. it's gonna be a very good riding season ..

Top Bottom