Eazy Riser Lifts

bflophil

Hello fellow Deauville owners! Has anyone purchased the Eazy Riser Lift? I just ordered mine yesterday (the red lift) and I am anxiously awaiting its arrival. I was looking for more explicit instructions/photos of the lift setup and attachment to the NT using the footpeg attachments but I haven't had any luck finding them.

If anyone has done this please let me know how it went. I found a helpful link at http://www.teamiguana.com/Reviews/EzRizer/index.htm regarding setup instructions and a few things to be watchful about.

I am looking forward to not lying on my cold garage floor for routine maintenance!!!

Total cost + shipping = $677 (pricey but considering cost of dealer tire changes...)

Thanks
Phil
San Jose, CA

I purchased the Big Blue straight frm manfacturer in Europe (US distrib oob). Got better price than offered by US distributor ($675.00 delivered -IN 3 DAYS!). I think the red is right at it's limit with NT. See my post under tools. It's a pita to set up but once it's done it's a superb lift. Doesn't work well with peg lowers (pegs too wide). If the red can handle the NT weight then you will luv it.
One other thing your going to need some sort of wheel stand to hold bike for lift - make sure you get one that's easy to get in and out of. I got a good stand but I have to ride the bike into it. Dropped bike twice before I got the hang of it.
Go to www.on-bike.com and get all the info you need. If it's not too late see if you can upgrade to the big blue the red will struggle with NT. Just my $.02

Last edited:
Re: Eazy Riser Lifts OOOOOO.K. Nice Lift Nice Bike Nice Pictures Now stop screwing around and put some paint on that Drywall! Dave C.

Reading comprehension is worth a lot, Dave. It wasn't Phil's Eazy Riser lift and it wasn't Phil's garage. Quit hassling the poor guy!

:doh1:Thanks Digger,

Which mounts did you find work for you? The blue and red lift mounts are interchangeable. I was told the red lift would work on the NT but since I have the lift being ordered and in transit I guess I will have to see for myself.

Phil

The NT700 has no flat bottom for these lifts to work. I hesitate to use my exh pipe as a lifting point. Am I wrong?

I have an EZ lift or its equivalent that I bought from Sears. I'm like you, NL7U, I don't want to test my exhaust system with this lift.

The only reason I would need a lift is to remove the rear wheel to re-tire the bike. I am thinking to put the bike on my cargo trailer, deploy the center stand just right to allow the wheel to overhang the rear edge where the ramp hinges, then easily drop the ramp. I will think more on this method. Also, I will rethink buying another bike with ridiculous maintenance procedures.

Since my original post I have been able to successfully lift my bike using the Eazy Rizer Red lift. Pics are on my album which is open for public viewing. With some tips from Digger23 who has the blue lift the lift works like a champ. The mounts I use are attached to the foot pegs and the other mount fits nicely under the flat part of the engine on the front avoiding the tailpipes. This might be a more expensive solution than some are looking for but I needed to find a way to avoid the shop visits for minor maintenace like tire changes.

The EZ Rizer works on the NT with the footpeg mounts, you just have to remove the little ground scratcher pegs on the bottom of the foot pegs prior to mounting the bike. Honestly there isn't anything out there that lifts the NT as stabilly (is that a word?) I can raise it over my head and really push on it and it's rock solid. Unfortunately the bikes been on the thing for a couple of months cause I haven't had time to get back to it. (I had 3 BIG boxes of farkles I've been saving up for a year and a half to put on) almost done.

Hi, where did you set the footrest mounts? Under just the footrests themselves or under the footrest pivots?
With the heavy duty footrest mounts on my Big Blue lift the only way to get them to fit seems to be to remove the small feeler bolts from the footrests and position the flat parts of the the mounts under the footrests themselves.
It seems to work just fine, I was just wondering what you guys had done?

[The only reason I would need a lift is to remove the rear wheel to re-tire the bike. I am thinking to put the bike on my cargo trailer, deploy the center stand just right to allow the wheel to overhang the rear edge]

Just a guess but a trailer than is not attached to the tow vehicle may (?) tip down with the bike in that position since the bulk of the bike's weight is BEHIND the trailer axle. If you're going to do it this way, use jack stands under the trailer frame on either side.

ps I agree about not wanting to have the weight of the bike carried by the bottom of the exhaust pipes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom