ECU question

Bike
Sprint GT, 2010 NT, MS950
Does anyone here know of any tuning tools that can be used to update the electronic control unit map on the NT?

The Triumph riders use a shareware program called "Tune ECU" that lets you load the latest programs from Triumph - the latest lets you run up to E-25 fuel; it REALLY smoothed my bike out - as well as set your throttle bodies.

Other than DynoJet "Power Commander III" I have not seen any owner tools for updating / remapping the NT. And the Power Commander for the NT does not list any "updated" maps, at least available from DynoJet, so you would need to go to one of their "tuners" to make it worth doing. To give you an idea of cost I paid $450 to have my Mustang GT "power tuned", for three maps, including stock, not including the hardware.

You might want to try checking on the UK Deauville forum to see if something is available across the pond...

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was wondering if Honda provides the upgraded maps as a service. My new map came from Triumph, written by Triumph engineers, and I could have paid the dealer to download it to my bike as a software update.

I haven't owned a new bike in quite a few years and was wondering if this is becoming a common practice.

OK. I was just curious; it was new to me. Then again, I was pretty used to balancing my carbs with vacuum gauges and setting my new points when I tuned up, too! This new-fangled stuff is kind of cool!

Tis, way cool. There is still plenty to learn and apply, turning the key and riding off are "marvelous" I love the new fangled stuff.

Back
Top Bottom