Electrified Honda Motorcycles Coming to the U.S.

OP
OP
Brillot2000
Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Not so fast! With climate change about to overtake us, I hear that Anaheim is going to host the Winter Olympics in 2036 after Newsome gets rid of all those terrible fossil fuel cars.
:rofl1:
Mike
I am looking forward to my Electric Honda Motorcycle.

The Zero was great when it was working right briefly. I also liked not going to the gas station every few days. That plus I saved $800 not buying gas to ride an ICE bike to work. I cannot wait for that day to come once more.

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I wish we could get a geographical sense of where you are in the world. It would help me understand your position on any particular subject.
NewTo700V was in Missoula, MT, when I had breakfast with him on my trip to Spokane to swap for Horse. He's moved in Missoula, but as far as I know, he's still there.

Bike
2010 silver NT700
It did and will again. Too bad that the Zero was JUNK!!!

IMG_5002.JPG

1B81A45D-5F1F-444C-AEAF-D9C081791EA3.jpeg

Like many boat owners used to say to me, the first happiest day is when you get it. The second is when you get rid of it. I tend to agree with that statement in the case of the Zero. In about two weeks, it will be five years ago I turned it back to the dealer I bought it from.
Sounds like the only thing they got right was the name. :}

Bike
2010 NT700V
NewTo700V was in Missoula, MT, when I had breakfast with him on my trip to Spokane to swap for Horse. He's moved in Missoula, but as far as I know, he's still there.
I'm sorry, but you must have me confused with somebody else. I've never been to Missoula, MT. I'm east coast and have been all over, but never MT. I was planning on passing through Beartooth Pass last year on a ride west, but unfortunately that trip was canceled .

Last edited:
Bike
2010 NT700V
After that experience and to date, I have "ZERO" faith in that manufacturer.
I was at a motorcycle meet thing a few months ago where Zero was present offering demo rides, I passed. If it was Honda I would have signed up.

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
As Brillot has stated, Zero had the right idea but it seems the execution was lacking. I'm sure Honda's EV offerings will be well engineered and reliable, something Honda seem to excel at.

I would certainly consider Honda's 2-wheel EV offerings, they may not fit every rider's range needs, but for others they may be ideal. Sign me up!

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
In June the European Parliament voted to make Europe the first carbon-neutral continent by 2050, with the sales of new ICE vehicles to be illegal from 2035.

In Sept 2020, California Governor Gavin Newsom announced a ban on the sale of new gasoline-powered vehicles starting in 2035.

By 2035, all new vehicles sold in China must be powered by 'new-energy', the Chinese authorities have said. Half of them must be electric, fuel cell, or plug-in hybrid – the remaining 50%, hybrid vehicles.

So that's why, IMHO, that Honda and Suzuki are abandoning their lovely V-twin motorcycles and producing cheaper, tried and true parallel twin engines for new "plug the gap before EV" models, like the new NT1100 and the Vstrom. Why put any development money into ICE engines when the EVs are mandated by 2035 (about 12 years away)?

It'll be interesting to see how Harley gets an EV to emit the "potato, potato, potato" sound out of an EV.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
It'll be interesting to see how Harley gets an EV to emit the "potato, potato, potato" sound out of an EV.
Probably the same way Fiatysler is going to get the "Hemi" sound out of their EV replacement for the ICE Charger and Challenger. Digital audio and speakers outside the car....see Here.

2021 and newer EVs and hybrids already have an electronic noise maker to meet the Federal requirements to make road noise when in EV mode at under ~20MPH. My hybrid F-150 has a speaker in the front drivers side fender that makes a weird UFO taking off sound. If you just unplug the speaker the computer throws up all sorts of error messages and code warnings. So you have to disconnect the speaker and plug in a resistor to fake out the system to go back to stealth mode.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/dodge-electric-muscle-car-noise-sound/

Bike
2010 NT700V Red
I like electric powered vehicles in concept, due to the energy efficiency of the engine, but Lithium in the batteries is very bad stuff. As many have commented, I see electric motors as viable only for commuting short distances. and then only if they find a good alternative to Lithium batteries. I doubt I will ever have a need or desire to purchase EV.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
An electric bike may work fine for me. Mostly I run to breakfast or run errands with the bike. Hardly enough miles to warm it up properly. The idea I like but lots of development and figuring big picture stuff out still needs to happen. Arkansas would likely be way behind in charging stations for longer trips. Places like California would be way ahead in that stuff.
We will see what the future holds. I'm not holding my breath.

Arknt

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Not so fast! With climate change about to overtake us, I hear that Anaheim is going to host the Winter Olympics in 2036 after Newsome gets rid of all those terrible fossil fuel cars.
:rofl1:
Mike
Spy photo of new ecologically friendly Honda. Small displacement adventure touring bike. Easy to set valves...short seat height....light weight wheels...semi knobbies....very little plastic...center stand....you saw it here first. (Rubber gaiters on production models)
spy cam.jpg

Top Bottom