Emmrod fishing pole

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Just got back from testing my newest motorcycle/camping tool. I have been casually looking at highly portable fishing poles (read compact) for some time. They either seemed too cheap and flimsy or had horrible reviews. I recently found out about emmrod poles.http://www.emmrod.com/ I was skeptical but really liked that fact that i didn't extend and didn't have too many pieces. All the revies seemed positive. It really looked like something I could tuck away on the motorcycle and fish with.

I will let you click the link and figure out which one is best for you. I ordered the pack rod cast. It is as short as 13" when packed away. The spring really works to help you feel the lure. I was using a plastic minnow with a spinner and could feel when the spinner was working and when it wasn't. When the fish hit it the spring kind a hooked the fish for me. It is hard to describe, but it kinda gave initially when the fish took the lure then snapped back. I just reeled it in. I only used it for about 30 min. It was fun to use. It seemed to cast almost as far as my normal fishing rod/reels. It was not as sensitive as a nice carbon rod, but I was surporsed at how much I could feel. It was much better than I was expecting. I think this will be a nice addition to my camping kit.

I only caught one fish, but I was just out trying to get a feel for how it works. You cast it a little different. Almost like dart throwing, but still flick the wrist like a normal pole. I really like it. It was expensive, but it should be bombproof and last many years. Some of the telescoping and multipiece rods were half the price, but lots of reports of them not working well or breaking fast.

OP
OP
artemedes
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Once I get this kit together I will take some photos of it broke down so you can see how well it packs.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
That looks a lot nicer than the collapsible poles I have tried in the past...they all collapsed at inopportune times or had no "feel". How far was your average cast?

OP
OP
artemedes
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
It was really windy and the lure was very light, but I could cast it almost as far as a normal spinning combo. I would say 40 yards? Really just think of your spinning outfit and think "almost". The other thing I forgot to mention is that I got better results with the lure at the tip. When I cast with my spinning gear I usually have a foot of line between the tip of the pole and the lure. The spring is kinda like a slingshot so you get the lure at the tip and throw it like a dart with a good wrist snap.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Not a bad casting range at all! I'm on their website looking at their fly rod and it could be a blast...

Bike
2011 NT700v
I have. I bought one to play with bass in canals. Works great on skinny water where it's hard to cast. No reel, just a line on a stick.
'
fltsfshr

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I'll have to look what brand my pack rod is (fly fishing). It is a five piece carbon fiber, 7wt. Good enough for catching a 3lb, 28" brown trout and 2 1/2lb 25" rainbow on the San Juan river and quite a few others in lakes and streams of NM and AZ.

Top Bottom