Engine miss - from good to bad to (nearly) dead

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
The spark plug caps are an easy & cheap fix and can be done mostly from the outside - at least on our 2010-2011 USA models. And if it doesn't stop the problem, at least you've eliminated the caps as a potential problem. Over here, the caps are less than $20 for 2, at least they were when I replaced mine many years ago.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
As DirtFlier said the plug caps are worth a shot since they are easy and cheap but I don't have a lot of confidence that is the problem. The plug caps became a "go to" solution for everyone back in 2011 when Honda announced a service bulletin for 2010 NTs that had and engine miss when warm. The bulletin applies only to the 2010 models but the bulletin was issued by American Honda so no other models are listed since that is the first year thet were imported to the US. The bulletin may apply to older MY NTs sold across the pond. Apparently, there was a batch of non-NGK caps that were problematic and the fix was to replace the unmarked caps with the NGK product. A search of the forum should find a copy of the service bulletin. It's worth a shot for only $20.

Here is a link to the service bulletin from a previous post

Mike

Last edited:
Top Bottom