Engine rattle during 3-3.5k rpm

triocz

Somebody know what can cause the engine rattle with a heated engine at a constant speed at 3-3.5k rpm?It does only when the gear is engaged while driving.It does not knock on neutral even when the clutch is pressed. Only while driving with heated engine.Not with cold engine.It does it on every gear speed.Only when I add gas or lower it will stop.Only during 3-3.5k rpm.Oil is new 2000km 10w40 Motul.On speedo is 39 600km.Here is attached video best to hear it is during 17-24 sec and 37-45sec.Sorry for my english.Thanks for any help.

After listening to your recording, I'm guessing that nothing is wrong with your engine. The fairing design reflects a lot of noise up from the engine. I remember thinking when I bought my NT that it sounded like a bucket of rocks. People told me not to worry. I think mine is quieter after 132,000 miles than it was when it was new and some people back in the old days thought they got quieter after 10,000 or so miles. My advice to you is to start wearing ear plugs. I never ride without them and my NT sounds just fine. šŸ˜

The only real noisemakers I can think of would be your valves could be on the loose side or the cam chain tensioner needs looked at..but I would almost bet that is not the case.....I remember when I first got mine I was concerned about the noisy engine but this appears to be the norm....so probably just normal operating...I have the opposite..loud piston slap with a cold engine..then she quiets down when hot....like Phil says, a lot of engine noise is reflected up through the windshield...and yes I also wear earplugs so I don't have to listen to it!

Back
Top Bottom