Ex Honda man?

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
I've had Hondas from day one. I took my test on a Honda and, I've occassionally had other makes, I've always returned to Honda. Well, having waited more years than I should have for Honda to bring out a replacement for the NT or ST, I've decided to wait no longer.

I've decided to buy an FJR1300AE 2019 in matt "phantom" blue. Delivery is at the beginning of May.

Now for the bad news...

I'm keeping the NT (Deauville) so you haven't got rid of me yet. I've done about 111,000 miles (sticker never arrived Phil) in just over 9 years on my NT and will still be using her to commute.

The FJR will be for touring which I hope to be doing a lot of as I'm coming up to retirement in a couple of years.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Very nice! Enjoy the FJR. Glad to hear the Deauville will still be used to deal with commute traffic.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
sticker never arrived Phil)
If you'll resend me your mailing address in a PM, I'll try again. Anybody that makes it to 100K miles deserves one of the semi-coveted stickers!

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I've had Hondas from day one. I took my test on a Honda and, I've occassionally had other makes, I've always returned to Honda. Well, having waited more years than I should have for Honda to bring out a replacement for the NT or ST, I've decided to wait no longer.

I've decided to buy an FJR1300AE 2019 in matt "phantom" blue. Delivery is at the beginning of May.

Now for the bad news...

I'm keeping the NT (Deauville) so you haven't got rid of me yet. I've done about 111,000 miles (sticker never arrived Phil) in just over 9 years on my NT and will still be using her to commute.

The FJR will be for touring which I hope to be doing a lot of as I'm coming up to retirement in a couple of years.
When I got my FJR I knew I would be keeping the NT and selling the Kaw 1000 concours. Basically, the NT isnt worth anything so why not keep it? Great backup. And fun in its own right. The FJR is a wonderful bike but a bit too top heavy for my 70 year old body at speeds under 5 mph. Great touring bike.
If Honda came out with a 750- 900 cc smooth as silk sport touring bike with a shaft or enclosed chain drive and cruise control, heated grips, panniers and electric windscreen, my NT would be in big trouble....but I doubt that Honda will take their VFR and perform the mods I would need....but If I ever want to see my NT cry, I show it this pic. ;) 14048

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
BTW, congratulations on the FJR. I've been tempted, but I'm fairly confident that the NT will last as long as I do.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
BTW, congratulations on the FJR. I've been tempted, but I'm fairly confident that the NT will last as long as I do.

Sad but true Phil, but there may be something that catches your eye. Just ordered a new set of tires and got the good ones because they may last longer than me. JQL, enjoy the ride.

Top Bottom