Factory Refurbished Garmin GPS

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Does anyone have any experience with purchasing a factory refurbished Garmin? I am looking at a Zumo 665 and can save about $150 off the MSRP of $799 by going with a factory refurb unit. Supposedly they are the same as "new" as far as the what you get and the warranty but discounted for the loop back through support.... Garmin then allows them to be sold through "specific" dealers supposedly...

Wayne,

I have had two refurbished 2610's both worked well, they both had the inherent problem of the screen delaminating after a period of time, but they both functioned very well. I also have a 2720 that is a fefurb and it has been good for me for the last three years. I have no experience with the newer units , but I would speculate tht it should work well for you.
I am having a senior moment about who I purchased the refurbished units fro, I do think it was from southern CA.

Eldon

Wayne, I've got a refurbished Street Pilot 2720 -- and it's my second one. The first one lost its mind when I updated the maps two years ago and they replaced it with a 2nd refurbished one. It's been flawless. I put a screen protector I'd bought for my Palm Pilot over the screen and haven't seen any signs of delamination.

I'd have no anxieties about buying a refurbed 665. In fact, I might do just that before the Epic Ride.

I've been thinkin' about that one too. I like the 665 'cause it has the XM radio and weather radar feature... I've just held off 'cause that rascal is pricey. I've been waiting for it to come down, but so far it hasn't.

Mike

Thanks for the responses... I suspect I'll go with refurb'ed since they are no reported nightmares with that route...and saving $150+ is a good thing! :D

I bought a refurb'd 255W and ended up replacing the battery due to extremely short battery life (15 mins.). Got the replacement battery online (sorry, don't remember where) and it included tools and instructions making for an easy and straightforward replacement. Battery life shot up to over 2 hours.

Back
Top Bottom