Farkle #1

skiper

thanks Phil , it's good to know. would be fun to find the machines next to it on assembly line...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
What's your serial number? The last four digits in your VIN tell you where it came on the line. Mine was #0079 and was built in September of '09. (I just corrected this, BTW. I had thought it was built in '10, but that wouldn't make sense since I bought it at the end of March '10.

Last edited:
Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
Seagrass, I totally forgot about my very first farkle for the NT which is a fender extender which was ordered from SPAIN. Imagine that!
I believe the fender extender I got came from Spain too.

I now have it fitted along with the weatherproof USB outlet and MCL risers. I also purchased the Bestem pannier bags from MCL and for the moment my farkling is done (I need to find time to do more riding so I can then work out what other farkles I need)

skiper

What's your serial number? The last four digits in your VIN tell you where it came on the line. Mine was #0079 and was built in September of '10.
Phil , do you think the engines were assembled in spain or would engines come from japan and final assembly be done in spain ?

skiper

I believe the fender extender I got came from Spain too.

I now have it fitted along with the weatherproof USB outlet and MCL risers. I also purchased the Bestem pannier bags from MCL and for the moment my farkling is done (I need to find time to do more riding so I can then work out what other farkles I need)
seagrass - the fender extender must keep muck off the engine - right ? anything else it does ?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Ralph, you have 2010 silver NT #1110. Is it an ABS bike? I'm not sure if the ABS and non-ABS bikes had consecutive Serial Numbers. I'm guessing that if you look on the ID plate, you'll see an earlier build date. Mine was built in September of 09. The build date is in the upper right hand corner of the ID plate.

I think the whole bike was built in Europe, even though not every part came from Spain. I guess it's time to go to bed, because I thought I just said that my tank pad was made in Romania, but I can't find that in this thread.

I don't think any major component came from Japan, but that might be wrong.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
It also keeps stuff from dinging up the radiator after getting kicked up by the front wheel.

Top Bottom