Farkles so far (and 600 mile service)

Nashional

Well today I'm taking the faster Red NT in for her 600 mile service.

As a side-note, I have a corporation that has the same initials as the NT, NashTech. So, I was sold when I first saw the bike! :wink:

I've managed to add a powerlet in the left fairing pocket (which hasn't been used yet).

A RAM Mount for GPS/Phone (still waiting on the phone holder but the GPS worked great).

And yesterday I added a Givi E55 case. I'm not mechanically inclined (I'm a computer programmer, et al), but I managed to do it in a couple of hours with no issues. :cool: I spent the first hour at the dining room table looking over the instructions and pre-building the various bolts, spacers, washers, etc so everything was where it needed to be once I got to the bike. The drilling and filing (with a dremmel) went great and everything went smoothly.

I also did it without removing the passenger rails. I used a small screwdriver down the hole into the special nut to help guide it up to the slot and snapped it in. Took a couple of tries and I put towels down in case something was dropped so it wouldn't fall into the dark recesses of the bike. But it was much easier than taking the rails off.

It looks good and the wife loves having something to lean on now (didn't buy the backrest for it but she still likes it).

Today, my intercom system should arrive (SMH10 Bluetooth Headset) so I'll get to play with it tonight when I get back from the service (dealer is 50+ miles away and I have to wait for them to perform the work).

Next week we're planning a 250 mile trip to see some friends near Orlando. This will be the longest ride the SO and I have taken together.

having Givi cases both with and without the backrest passengers in my family concur it is better without the pad. jim

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I am thinking about adding a top case to my NT. Does the GIVI 55 fit the size/shape of the bike well? I was afraid it could be too large.

OP
OP

Nashional

I'll try to get some pics up on here of my red one with the same case soon.

I did get my intercom system in and working (not tested while on the bike) and the misc GPS mounts I ordered to hold a Nuvi and one for my cell phone (in addition to the one I had for my Garmin Oregon - We do a lot of Geocaching). My wife also received her touring jacket yesterday. So, other than a horn, I'm all set. :)

Top Bottom