Fernandina Run

Bike
2015 R3, 2009 DN-01
Sunday, the 14th, departed Wally World here in Jacksonville FL @ 10 AM, leading a group of 7 riders to Fernandina Beach FL. 5 lovely ladies and 3 dudes comprised our merry little group. All members of the "27th Riders," Florida Motorcycle Group. It's a fairly organized group consisting of a Road Captain, Lieutenants and a Tail Gunner (Sweeper) per ride ... most of the time, especially when there is more than 15+ going. This was my first opportunity to ride the NT in a group since I bought her last month. She handled superbly, I especially like having the additional storage. The additional height of 3" over my traded-in Magna made it a lot easier for those following me to observe our group riding hand signs, I didn't lose anyone either! We started out in about 50 degrees clear, sunny weather, heading up to about 69 degrees during our ride (VERY enjoyable especially riding along the coast). After we ate @ the "Sandy Bottoms" restaurant, we headed into downtown to take in the sights and found a coffee shop to unwind. During our trek, to and fro, we pretty much maintained the speed limit ... we had a few "newbies" who hadn't a lot of experience riding, let alone riding in a group setting. Enjoying the decent Florida weather .... while it lasts!

Last edited:
Bike
2011 Black NT700
The wife and I ate at Sandy Bottoms while visiting friends in Jacksonville Oct 2013. Enjoyed the food and even came away with a t-shirt. Glad you all had a good ride.
Clint

Top Bottom