First Impressions on my new to me Deauville NT700

Hi All, A newbie to the forum living in the UK.

The Honda Deauville NT700 finally arrived this morning, all good except the rear of the top box had enroute rubbed against folding ramp in the back of the van which gouged the plastic and removed some paint, the delivery guy said “I checked to make sure that was all good it must have rolled back during the journey”, the dealers gave me £250 back which I am more than happy with as it is an easy fix for me.

A quick visit to the Vehicle tax website, done.
Then I nipped out to fill the tank and give it a short ride and check all was well, typically it started raining so I headed out away from the clouds and found my short trip turned into 130 mile jaunt through Cheshire and Shropshire and wow what a fabulous no nonsense machine the Deauville is.

Some have named it The Honda Dullsville well nothing could be more incorrect, it a very comfortable bike to ride, all the controls are to hand, the dash board display is clear and easily readable.
I was surprised to find despite being an 08 reg machine, 1stregistered in September 2008 the wind screen wasn’t of the 5 position type, further investigation found is it was actually made in 2006 but not sold until September 08.

Coincidence being what it is I found a pair of the larger pannier lids the exact colour match, brand new still boxed in their original Honda packaging, the guy was actually coming to Chester this morning so perfect, Bike and Panniers arrived almost at the same time.

First job has been to fit a trickle charging lead, an easy 2 min job which involved removing the seat, which means you have to open the left hand side pannier and surprise I find the panniers have brand new bags inside, this just keeps getting better.

Tomorrow I will fit and hard wire my Garmin Zumo Sat nav then search for some daytime running lights.
First impressions are the bike is very comfortable, a typical Honda ride all the controls are to hand, the mirrors give an excellent view with no vibration, brakes are good with no fade under hard braking.
The bike is very nimble and handles well through the corners, whilst the screen and fairings gives excellent protection from the elements with no buffeting or back pressure.
This is definitely a keeper.

Attachments

• deauville5.jpg
    deauville5.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 86
  • deauville6.jpg
    deauville6.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 87
  • deauville7.jpg
    deauville7.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 84
Some have named it The Honda Dullsville well nothing could be more incorrect

While that is a cheeky nickname, I have to admit I kind of understand where that's coming from.

I find the power delivery very cruiser-like, while handling is more like a nimble sport bike. On a level curvy road it's a dream. Charging up mountain passes like I do on a routine basis those 60 ponies start to get a bit winded. I'm downshifting and could be running around 7K on the tach.

Flying across our interstates into westerly winds I've had the throttle pinned in 5th watching the speedometer drop. That has me shifting down to 4th at 90.

Hi, Robbie! Welcome to the NT-Owners Forum. (I think I've responded to one of your posts on Facebook, BTW) We didn't get the NT/DV here in the states until 2010 and it was discontinued here after 2011. Honda sold a few NOS '11s as 2012 models. It never caught on here, partly because in our country, "Bigger is always assumed to be better!" Honda never advertised it and most dealers and sales people knew anything at all about it.

Your bike looks brand new. You'll get lots of satisfaction from it!

Your bike does look new. Your black plastic (lids, side vents, etc) look good. The strong sun here (Arkansas) faded them pretty bad while parked at work. You may not have that problem there with your clouds and rain.
Enjoy the ride.

Brad

Really nice one! Perfect.
Honda pics odd names for its vehicles. "Fit" "Civic" "Pilot" But I dont care....its the vehicle that counts. (OK, there is the AMC Gremlin....but still.....)

Thanks guys for all your kind comments, we certainly have our share of rain here in the UK but the sun can and does ruin a paint finish unless you look after it.
Don't know Why Honda chose "Deauville" for the name, it did sell quite well in France though.

I always assumed Deauville was a vacation spot. But who knows!?!?

Phil I can assure you the English Channel, or La Manche as the French call it is a very fashionable place, long beaches but the English Channel is a very cold water to swim in.
Deauville does however have two horse race courses which make it a popular destination for those in the Equestrian world.

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the Forum! This past Saturday I was riding with one of my MC groups and one of the guys on a BMW F750GS (with a parallel twin engine and chain drive... what's the point?) was drooling over the NT and commenting how beautiful it is, and since he was riding behind me, how well it handles the curves. You'll really enjoy the Deauville, especially if you ignore the reviews of the MC press (who all want power, power, power) and couldn't see how the Deauville is just a well rounded machine.

Yup, the power hunger of the MC journos puzzles me at times.... Don't they realize that not all riders are addicted to thrust lust?

Mike

Welcome Aboard and Greetings from SoCal USA... :cool:

Nice looking bike for its age.

Bikes do not have to be beauty queens to look good. Mine had been resurrected to a reanimated zombie.

Welcome Aboard and Greetings from SoCal USA... :cool:

Nice looking bike for its age.

Bikes do not have to be beauty queens to look good. Mine had been resurrected to a reanimated zombie.

I always end up re-watching this transformation video :)

Its like a movie that one can watch 'n' number of times without getting bored of it ...

Hi All, A newbie to the forum living in the UK.

The Honda Deauville NT700 finally arrived this morning, all good except the rear of the top box had enroute rubbed against folding ramp in the back of the van which gouged the plastic and removed some paint, the delivery guy said “I checked to make sure that was all good it must have rolled back during the journey”, the dealers gave me £250 back which I am more than happy with as it is an easy fix for me.

A quick visit to the Vehicle tax website, done.
Then I nipped out to fill the tank and give it a short ride and check all was well, typically it started raining so I headed out away from the clouds and found my short trip turned into 130 mile jaunt through Cheshire and Shropshire and wow what a fabulous no nonsense machine the Deauville is.

Some have named it The Honda Dullsville well nothing could be more incorrect, it a very comfortable bike to ride, all the controls are to hand, the dash board display is clear and easily readable.
I was surprised to find despite being an 08 reg machine, 1stregistered in September 2008 the wind screen wasn’t of the 5 position type, further investigation found is it was actually made in 2006 but not sold until September 08.

Coincidence being what it is I found a pair of the larger pannier lids the exact colour match, brand new still boxed in their original Honda packaging, the guy was actually coming to Chester this morning so perfect, Bike and Panniers arrived almost at the same time.

First job has been to fit a trickle charging lead, an easy 2 min job which involved removing the seat, which means you have to open the left hand side pannier and surprise I find the panniers have brand new bags inside, this just keeps getting better.

Tomorrow I will fit and hard wire my Garmin Zumo Sat nav then search for some daytime running lights.
First impressions are the bike is very comfortable, a typical Honda ride all the controls are to hand, the mirrors give an excellent view with no vibration, brakes are good with no fade under hard braking.
The bike is very nimble and handles well through the corners, whilst the screen and fairings gives excellent protection from the elements with no buffeting or back pressure.
This is definitely a keeper.
I just picked up my 2010 two days ago. Coming from a 400 Burgman, this thing is anything but dull. It's taken me a minute to get reacquainted with the clutch, riding position, and higher center of gravity. I took it out for a150 mile joy ride today and everything is coming back to me. I'm pleased with my purchase. I bought it with 8100 miles and a nearly flawless finish. Mine is silver but everyone knows that red is the fastest color. 😊

Congratulations on yours. I hope we both have many many trouble free miles.

Back
Top Bottom