First Impressions on my new to me Deauville NT700

I just picked up my 2010 two days ago. Coming from a 400 Burgman, this thing is anything but dull. It's taken me a minute to get reacquainted with the clutch, riding position, and higher center of gravity. I took it out for a150 mile joy ride today and everything is coming back to me. I'm pleased with my purchase. I bought it with 8100 miles and a nearly flawless finish. Mine is silver but everyone knows that red is the fastest color. 😊

Congratulations on yours. I hope we both have many many trouble free miles.

Thanks Beerme.

Good luck to you, there is something about the Deauville that makes it a bit special, I have 4 other bikes and have to say this is fast becoming my favourite and go to machine, it's just a pleasure to ride.
I'm not interested in being the first away from the lights, been there, done that much prefer to take my time and enjoy the ride.

Enjoy your bike and stay safe.

Regards Rob.

I've owned dozens of bikes over the last 30 years of riding motorcycles. Cruisers, litre sportbikes and Touring bikes galore. I don't get the Dullsville connotation. I actually think the bike is alot of fun to ride. Handles pretty good for what it is and for a 680cc Cruiser derived V-Twin has a decent pull around 5000 rpms....

All it needs is a throttle lock, a better windshield and your good to tour anywhere!

Bought mine for my son to ride when we do our Florida to California trip next year.

Craig

I've owned dozens of bikes over the last 30 years of riding motorcycles. Cruisers, litre sportbikes and Touring bikes galore. I don't get the Dullsville connotation. I actually think the bike is alot of fun to ride. Handles pretty good for what it is and for a 680cc Cruiser derived V-Twin has a decent pull around 5000 rpms....

All it needs is a throttle lock, a better windshield and your good to tour anywhere!

Bought mine for my son to ride when we do our Florida to California trip next year.

Craig

Craig, I agree with your conclusion 100%. I rode Dudley, my 1st NT, 139,000 miles. That included my 21,000-mile, 80-day "Epic Post-Retirement Ride to Alaska, the Four Corners of the US, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, and Labrador," two SaddleSore 1000s, and a BunBurner Gold (1524 miles in 23 hours, 48 minutes). I downsized to the NT after my '99 Kawasaki Concours got too heavy for me. For the first 30 miles after I left the dealer's on the NT, I was afraid I might have made a mistake, but before I finished the 80-mile ride home, I had changed my mind. I've got an McCruise electronic cruise control on my 2nd NT and use the National Cycles V-Stream windshield. I also have a Russell Sport Seat and my bike has been lowered an inch to accomodate my short-stumpy lille legs (27-28" inseam).

Finally Almost Done.jpg

Craig, I agree with your conclusion 100%. I rode Dudley, my 1st NT, 139,000 miles. That included my 21,000-mile, 80-day "Epic Post-Retirement Ride to Alaska, the Four Corners of the US, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, and Labrador," two SaddleSore 1000s, and a BunBurner Gold (1524 miles in 23 hours, 48 minutes). I downsized to the NT after my '99 Kawasaki Concours got too heavy for me. For the first 30 miles after I left the dealer's on the NT, I was afraid I might have made a mistake, but before I finished the 80-mile ride home, I had changed my mind. I've got an McCruise electronic cruise control on my 2nd NT and use the National Cycles V-Stream windshield. I also have a Russell Sport Seat and my bike has been lowered an inch to accomodate my short-stumpy lille legs (27-28" inseam).

Dude......80 day 21,000 mile trip? Epic way to celebrate a retirement....Well done sir! My biggest trip was 8000 miles in three weeks......Jelly brother!

Craig

I switched from a400 Burgman to the NC700. As I pulled out from the sellers driveway, I immediately knew I'd made a mistake. By the time I was home, about 60 miles, I knew I didn't. Since buying it a few weeks ago, I've logged 1k miles and can't wait until I can ride again in the coming days.

I'm still adjusting to returning to using a clutch, counting shifts, and getting accustomed to sharper lean angles. On the ride home today I caught myself smiling, just like I did when I was driving my 1st Miata a few years ago. I'm a happy camper.☺

I don't get the Dullsville connotation. I actually think the bike is alot of fun to ride.

Craig

Agree with Craig. Unless the person is trying to compare the NT to a crotch rocket or high straight line speeds of a liter bike, there is no way it could be considered "Dullsville". I ride my NT pretty hard at times and love the curviest roads I can find. Ask some of the folks on here who have ridden with me. And like Craig, my bikes, over the past 45 years, are a wide variety and the NT to me is the best all round motorcycle I have ever owned. It does it all. If I want to tour across the country, it has done it with ease. If I want to ride two up through the mountains of WV, VA, KY, TN and NC it has done that with ease and stability. If I want to push it and eat up the twisties for an adrenalin rush, it does it very well. And it's been doing this for 79K miles now. "Dullsville" ? Ha !

Hi All, A newbie to the forum living in the UK.
Some have named it The Honda Dullsville well nothing could be more incorrect, it a very comfortable bike to ride, all the controls are to hand, the dash board display is clear and easily readable.
I was surprised to find despite being an 08 reg machine, 1stregistered in September 2008 the wind screen wasn’t of the 5 position type, further investigation found is it was actually made in 2006 but not sold until September 08.

Hi Robbie,I'm not TOO far away,in Dublin.
I've had NT650's before and have now accquired a 2008 registered NT700V6 Ex UK blood-bike....Yes you spotted it...built in 2006 !......Grrrr.
It has a leaking fork seal,an ABS light remaining on....yes yes I know...2006's don't have ABS.
Not having a shed makes this a long term renovation,but hey-ho I retire in 2 years so there's my target ! :D

Back
Top Bottom