First it was Ford, now GM adapts the Tesla charge connector as their EV standard.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Both Ford and GM are changing over their new EV's from the CCS charger style to the North American Charging Standard (NACS) Tesla developed and deployed. The NACS will become the standard now with both Ford and GM buying in to it. Next the import brands will have to decide what they want to do...I suspect customer demand will force them to move to NACS as well. Read all about it HERE. Note this is good news as standardization will mean any charger will work for any EV.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Whether or not you're partial to Tesla, this is good news for EVs and moving them one step closer to standardization of charging. It would be foolish for the import brands to go their own way.

Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
--> CDs ---> MP3s ---> Streaming... :rofl1:

Now... True 'Telsa'... over the air charging... THAT would be his vision and a game changer...
I was reading recently that one of the European countries (I think it was a European country) is now building a highway with charging built into the road. The vehicle will literally charge while it is driving.

Seagrass

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
--> CDs ---> MP3s ---> Streaming... :rofl1:

Now... True 'Telsa'... over the air charging... THAT would be his vision and a game changer...
Indeed, that was Nikola Tesla's dream and he spent the last few years of his life trying to make it a reality. I think that about as close as we can come to Tesla's dream (should we adopt rechargeable EVs as our standard) would be inductive coils built into your garage floor or driveway that would sense the state of charge and recharge your battery as needed.

Mike

Bike
2010 NT700V
Care to guess who's uncle was one of the first at Tesla's room after he died? Hint . . . a BUNCH of documents went missing, never to be seen again.

Top Bottom