Fit and Finish Issue

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I hope I posted this in the right area. I just noticed the front fairing where it meets up with what I would call the breastplate(?) has come out. I don't have the guts to pop it back in for fear of damage. Any ideas? 2010 NT...Thanks.

Attachments

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
You not going to like this answer.

That is the middle that is not installed correctly. You'll need to remove the seat, right side cover, headlight under cowl, engine guard cover (right side), right mirror, right middle cowl vent "lid", right & left pockets, meter panel cover, then remove or loosen the middle cowl and reinstall it.

OP
OP
krenzcar88
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I was pretty sure I wasn't going to like the answer as soon as I saw the issue dnktng. The middle cowl is straight...and it looks as though if I remove the right side fairing the tabs would slide under right where they need to go. But not having removed any plastic yet it looks like removing the right side fairing is just as involved as what you describe anyway. Oh well...guess it's time to learn how all this snaps together. I was going to have to do it eventually anyway.
Thanks....

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
"Middle cowl" is the Honda name for the fairing which has a left and right side as separate pieces.

OP
OP
krenzcar88
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Well I'm mostly there but I can't get the meter panel cover off. Took out the two screws in the top along with unsnapping the top clip and 3 of the side clips. Is there a trick to unsnapping the along the contoured edges?

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Well I'm mostly there but I can't get the meter panel cover off. Took out the two screws in the top along with unsnapping the top clip and 3 of the side clips. Is there a trick to unsnapping the along the contoured edges?
Make sure you have removed the pockets as the four screws that hold the pockets also hold the meter panel cover. Pull and pull until you think it is going to break, working your fingers along the seam, and then pull some more. It will then pop off. If you break it the part is not very expensive.:wink:

Last edited:
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Once the sequence is learned and the process of removal and installation is done a couple of times, the Tupperware R&R is just time consuming. Having a lift and taking ones time make the job so much more enjoyable. The lift table is the best motorcycle tool in my garage. Learn the sequence, take ones time and use a muffin pan to keep the fasteners in order and identified. O and also make sure a Service Manual is part of the tool set. Use it.

SAM_1802.jpg

SAM_1800.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
krenzcar88
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Make sure you have removed the pockets as the four screws that hold the pockets also hold the meter panel cover. Pull and pull until you think it is going to break, working your fingers along the seam, and then pull some more. It will then pop off. If you break it the part is not very expensive.:wink:
Thanks Chucksklrst...I did everything except the "pull some more". I've only had the bike a few days so I am not to that point yet. But I did give myself a great lesson in Tupperware and I am now not so weary of taking the stuff off as I did get it all back together (rather quickly) and everything was straight, not broken, and I didn't have any parts left. Your right...it's a process you have to learn if your going to own this bike. Thanks Again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
krenzcar88
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Thanks Chris...I wish I had the coolant video yesterday as I couldn't get the meter panel off and ended just putting it back together and going to work. But it was a great lesson and I'm sure I can take it apart again in half the time and much more confidence. These videos are an absolute necessity for a beginner like me who DOES like to work on his own bike. I appreciate all your help guys....

Top Bottom