Flash to pass?

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
One thing I really miss from my old Suzuki Boulevard was the 'Flash to Pass' button on the left switch set. Does the Deauville offer this anywhere outside of the US? I would love to have one again.

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Use the starter button, it will cut out the headlight when pressed. The starter motor will not run when in gear, however it will when the clutch lever is held in.

This a feature that Honda started doing on their bikes as far back as 1975 to meet the federal requirement of the headlight being "ON" all the time on all motorcycles sold in the US on that and proceeding model years. Not all Hondas do this anymore such as my NC700X. The headlight is on all the time, even when the starter button is pressed.

You should also probably have the High Beam on when doing what I suggested.

Last edited:
Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
I'm not trusting enough to hit the starter button while riding down the road. Even if the electrical contact fails and lets the starter turn the starter one way clutch would prevent anything bad from happening.
Still I don't think I'll do it while riding.

Brad

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Here's the Euro Switch Assembly part number, 35200-MEW-920. I cannot find any images of this switch assembly to say if it has the "Flash to Pass" or Hazard Lights. :shrug2:

Perhaps some of our overseas members could help us to find more about their switch housing configurations.

OP
OP
Rand soper
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Thanks for the ideas and the part number!

Goggling the part number brings up the European part, but the illustrations are really hard to tell if there is a switch there. It sort of looks like there is.

I have thought about just installing a small waterproof momentary switch on the switch set housing but would prefer the real deal if it exists.

Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
Yes the Australian model has the “pass” switch on the left hand control

Seagrass

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Yes the Australian model has the “pass” switch on the left-hand control

Seagrass
I am assuming that the "PASS" switch is right in front of the High Beam switch. Ours has an outline of where a switch would be. Any chance that your region switches have a Hazard or 4-Way Flasher switch on them too? :confused:

Any images would of the switches be helpful for us over here.

Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
Yes we also have the hazard lights switch (4 way flasher) and HISS (Honda integrated security system) I will try and post some photos over the weekend, if I can remember

Seagrass

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Yes we also have the hazard lights switch (4 way flasher) and HISS (Honda integrated security system) I will try and post some photos over the weekend, if I can remember

Seagrass
We never get the good stuff on this side of the pond.....

:mad:

Mike

Bike
2006 Black NT700V ABS
While reading this post a dim distant memory of seeing a LH switch block from my old NT700V in my junk box. Just taken these pics to show the UK spec LH switchgear. Hope this is of some use:

Apologies for the large size of the pictures - you may wish to just have a look at my album called Deauville

OP
OP
Rand soper
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
While reading this post a dim distant memory of seeing a LH switch block from my old NT700V in my junk box. Just taken these pics to show the UK spec LH switchgear. Hope this is of some use:
That is PERFECT, thanks! They are not cheap but the flash to pass button is about the only thing I think the NT700 is missing.

Top Bottom