Flikr Users

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Just a heads up to those of you using Flikr for your on line storage. I use Flikr for storing all the photos I post here and family "stuff". For that reason I went Flikr Pro after Smug Mug bought them. Now it seems Flikr is still losing money and they are increasing rates. I just received the email below a couple days ago:

Begin:

We’re writing to inform you that effective today, the price of Flickr Pro subscriptions has increased to:
  • 1 month: $6.99, plus tax
  • 3 month: $18.99, plus tax
  • 1 year: $59.99, plus tax
  • 2 year: $117.99, plus tax
To thank loyal Pro members for your continued support, we are offering all current Pros the opportunity to renew now at last year’s price. Click here to extend your subscription term now.

Why has the price changed?

Please see last month’s letter from Flickr's CEO and Chief Geek, Don MacAskill. In short: Flickr is a huge and extremely costly service to run. We intend to keep investing in making it even better, but it cannot continue to operate at a loss.

If I renew now, what happens to the remainder of my current subscription?

We will extend the term of your current Pro subscription. For example: if your current subscription expires in July 2020 and you choose to renew now, we will add an additional year to your subscription at the 2019 price, extending your subscription end date to July 2021.

Who is eligible to extend their subscriptions?

All current Flickr Pros are eligible. We are inviting monthly subscribers to lock in a one- or two-year term at the 2019 rate. Annual subscribers with a renewal date prior to July 1 are invited to add two years now. All others are invited to add a one- or two-year term.

All other questions

Please contact our Support Heroes with any other questions. Premium support is a key feature of your Flickr Pro membership and they will be happy to assist you. We appreciate your ongoing support as we continually work to improve Flickr for all of our members. Thank you for being a Pro.

The Flickr Team

:End

If you are using Flikr for storage you may want to make sure you have back ups in another secure spot.

OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Okay, it is getting stupider by the day. I just received an email stating that Flikr changed billing companies and they are going to start billing me at a monthly rate. This is after I just renewed my Pro status for another year last month. Ever since SmugMug took over it has been really weird. If you are using Flikr make sure you have your photos backed up elsewhere. And don't be surprised if you start seeing broken links in posts here where photos used to be... :rolleyes:

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
That sux.. I'm actually moving off smugmug soon and going with google photos since it's unlimited and free for web-viewable sized photos which are the only reason I upload the the web... I'll back up my originals onto an sd card or somewhere and then upload to GP and use those for posting on the web.

OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
After a WTH email to Flikr they agreed I have until January of next year. But..then they added this blurb:

"Your subscription is valid until the date shown in your account settings at flickr.com/account. We will soon be sending messages to all members with subscriptions processed by Braintree describing how to migrate your account to our new payments processor without needing to renew early."

Why I need to migrate to their new payment processor is the question. Their back end billing partner shouldn't be a customers issue. I'm done with them at the end of this term.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom