Foggy Helmet

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
John, I bought a new visor last spring (and a new pinlock at the same time). The first day I wore the Schuberth with the new visor, I was leaving the church and the mailman had dropped the mail through our slot. I bent down to pick it up and dragged the brand-new visor across a sharp edge on a stair rail by the door. So, since day one, I've had a deep scratch just slightly to the right of my right eye. I've almost gotten to the point where I don't see it any more.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
LOL, yeah, when I got the new visor for my Shoei the first thing I did was drop the helmet and scratch the visor. Just outside line of vision.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
Every time I've scratched the visor I've managed to polish it out with Brasso. Admittedly some of the scratches took a while to remove.

Note: I've never used Brasso on the Pinlock, just the main visor.

Bike
2010 Red NT700
The first day I wore the Schuberth with the new visor, I was leaving the church and the mailman had dropped the mail through our slot. I bent down to pick it up and dragged the brand-new visor across a sharp edge on a stair rail by the door. So, since day one, I've had a deep scratch just slightly to the right of my right eye. I've almost gotten to the point where I don't see it any more.
It does my heart good to know I'm not the only guy who does things like that
Not happy you messed up your visor though

Top Bottom