Foot Guards

Bike
Silver NT700V
They are being installed on an NT650, the predecessor to our NT700V. Thay also appear to be of a similar shape to the outer portions of the Honda OEM Undercowl.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
There's a lot of difference in the NT650 and the NT700. I'd be surprised if they'd fit without some finagaling. But I think one of you guys ought to take the chance and buy the kit.

I agree that they look like they'd provide most of the protection the OEM undercowl does.

And, I'll throw in this little tidbit -- if any of you want to find a bike that throws as much water on the rider's feet and lower legs as the NT700V, track down a GL600 or GL650i without the fairing lowers. The one I bought in '98 was missing the lowers and did a great job of keeping me dry from the knees up. But from the knees down, it was like I was being blasted with a fire hose.

Sent e-mail to David Silver Honda about the lower guards fitting the NT700. Will post reply when received.

Dealer reply on foot guards.

Hello

Thank you for your email.

These deflectors are not listed to fit your 700 and no equivalent part is listed for your bike.

Kind Regards

Keith

Follow us on twitter @D_Silver_Spares

Thank you

David Silver Spares Ltd

PH: +44 (0) 1728 833020

FAX: +44 (0) 1728 832197

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
The OEM undercowl would be the equivalent part for the NT700V. Since David Silver's US dealer is now carrying Big Pannier Lids in response to our question about their availability, my guess is that they will also be happy to order the OEM undercowl. The best thing about ordering through them is that shipping is only $17 for any part from their US location to you. I'm dropping them a line asking if they could get the undercowl.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Phil, I thought that you had the OEM Undercowl. If you don't, by all means try to get one because it makes a huge difference in keeping you dry and blocking the cold air from your toes. My feet are much warmer since I got the cowl.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I've got it, Alex. I agree that it works very well. It's made a big difference in winter riding. A couple of years ago, before I got it, four of us went for a ride one morning when it was foggy and about 29F. By the time I got to our meeting place in Loveland, the fog had listed, but I had a film of ice on my boots that didn't melt for the next 100 miles. (I also had picked up ice on the leading edge of the wind deflectors. My feet weren't wet, but they never warmed up till we stopped about 240 miles later for lunch in Laramie.

I was asking David Silver Spares about importing it for the sake of other NT owners, over-functioner that I am. :)

Top Bottom