Foot peg lowering kits

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I bought a pair of foot pegs that mount on the stock peg socket. They lowered the pegs about 3/4". The height was perfect. They were also beautifully machined out of Aluminum Billet.

The problem is that the pegs are further outboard making the brake pedal almost in accessible. In order to use the brake, I have to "Toe in". That could be dangerous if I needed to stop abruptly.

Has anybody else had that problem? I need a lowering kit that gives me the same brake access as the stock pegs. I put the stock pegs back on The alternative would be to modify the brake pedal by making the pedal part stick out about an inch and a half.

Another alternative would be to find a pedal from another Honda like an ST-1300 or ST-1100 that would extend farther out.

Does anyone have any ideas?

elizilla

That webstore doesn't seem to be able to decide if they're extending a brake pedal or a shifter. But here's an extender that is definitely for a brake pedal. Unfortunately the store doesn't list one for the NT. But perhaps one made for another bike will fit. If I order one for the Super10 I'll definitely check whether it fits the NT. Or maybe Larry can make one.

OP
OP
Bear

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Katherine,
Thanks a million. When are you coming to Maine? If you do next summer, we have a guest suite and we can do some sailing. Ariel III is now, for all practical purposes, a new boat. She had a TOTAL refit----and boy, how she sails! Diane is not into two wheel vehicles, but is a sail fanatic. We have logged over 80,000 nautical miles on this boat. She can do a circumnavigation without breathing hard.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
...you can probably cold bend lever/pedal out to make serviceable----
I have thought about doing that on my Wee as I have the same problem on it as Sailariel does on the NT...but the NT is fine. My concern is how much shorter will it be when I bend it out. Bending it out will effectively shorten the available length under my boot and I don't want it to far back... My second thought is to buy a spare pedal, which I should probably do anyway before bending one, cut off the pedal area and have it welded on as an extension.

Bike
2010 Silver NT ABS
I installed mcl's peg lowers and the pedal on the NT can be lowered 1 to 1-1/4" by adjusting linkage. I eventually took mine off and reset the pedal so I could use footpeg mounts on big blue lift. It's pretty easy to do, I believe counterclockwise will lower pedal.

OP
OP
Bear

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I did finally get MCLs lowering blocks which use the stock foot pegs---problem solved. MCL does exceptionally quality work. Everything I have bought from him has been top notch. We are fortunate indeed to have him on our forum. When one has the opportunity to support a small business like Larry's, one should. It encourages him to expand his product line. His products are first rate.

Top Bottom