Foot Rest

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Adjusting the shifter's pretty easy. Just loosen the lock nuts on each end of the rod connecting the shift lever and the shift pedal and turn the rod so that the pedal moves down. Then tighten the lock nuts.

The rear brake pedal is harder to adjust. The adjuster linkage is hidden behind the frame and you've also got to adjust the linkage to the brake light switch.

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
What Phil said, not too difficult at all.
As for the boards, they are very comfortable, much more so that the standard pegs...will never have my NT without them again!

FYI, the pics were taken with my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone. :)

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[...I had a 97 Night Hawk that had them and it was nice to have something that would support my heel while riding...]

The '97 Nighthawk didn't have them as standard or as a factory accessory so someone added those on their own.

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
I've been asked about the kickstand mod that I did, so I'll get some pics and post them soon. :)

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Even with footpegs, I wish I had that sidestand tang placement.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Even with footpegs, I wish I had that sidestand tang placement.
Phil, I'd be glad to weld a modified side stand tang onto your bike for you. It won't be powder coated, but I do have rattle can black.
Just stop in sometime. It would only be a 4-day ride (round trip) which for you is just around the block.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Phil, I'd be glad to weld a modified side stand tang onto your bike for you. It won't be powder coated, but I do have rattle can black.
Just stop in sometime. It would only be a 4-day ride (round trip) which for you is just around the block.
Jim, if I don't make it this week, it'll probably be next year. :)

Top Bottom