Foot Rest

I just purchased a 2010 NT and instantly noticed that there is no foot rest. I had a 97 Night Hawk that had them and it was nice to have something that would support my heel while riding. Is there anything for the NT that can attach to the pegs that can support the entire foot or just the heel? Thanks!!

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
This is something I would be interested in for my big clod-hoppers.
I suggest you get a copy of the J&P and Drag Specialties catalogs. There are tons of aftermarket foot board options that could be adopted to fit the NT mount points.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I ride a lot with the toes of my feet on the pegs and the heels on the passenger pegs. I don't like my feet forward so don't use highway pegs.

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
I suggest you get a copy of the J&P and Drag Specialties catalogs. There are tons of aftermarket foot board options that could be adopted to fit the NT mount points.
I looked there and Ebay, plenty of options that appear as if they might work but nothing specifically listed for the NT...do any other Honda models share the same type of pegs and mounts, at least similar enough to be interchangeable?

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[I had a 97 Night Hawk that had them and it was nice to have something that would support my heel while riding]
That was an add-on and not something from the factory, either as original equipment or as a Honda accessory.

CommuterNT

I saw a YouTube (sorry no link) video a couple of weeks ago were a guy had bolted a steel tube that was capped at the end. He drilled a hole between the rider and passenger pegs and used a bolt on the backside to thread the tube on. It actually looked really clean and a part of the bike. I'm sure with the right drill bit and parts it would be very simple and cheap to do.

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
I'm going to call Kuryakyn directly and see if they know for sure if they will fit the NT, or not.
Inspecting the photos side-by-side they look as if they could be a direct drop-in replacement for the pegs on our NTs.

I may need to pull one off my NT and measure it with a micrometer for them.

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
Kuryakyn has lots of choices for riders as far as footpegs, types and extensions, highway pegs, floorboards, lowered pegs, etc etc. They may or may not have stuff for the NT specifically, but lots of stuff will interchange:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CEYQFjAA&url=http://www.kuryakyn.com/&ei=9jo7UYqWMoy-2AWOm4GQCw&usg=AFQjCNGGfrPg72dZPw1_wx2PbLzHcaaDvw&sig2=mNsq8gfJ98hJTCxCNNhihg&bvm=bv.43287494,d.b2I

Sam:)
Kuryakyn support was of no help. :(

I see you have both an NT and a GL1800...could you possibly take a measurement of their peg mounts to see if they are as similar as I think?

Just a simple inner and outer dimension and depth of the clevis on the bikes, no need to take anything apart.
If they are within a millimeter or two, I can make them work. :)

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
BTW, Kuryakyn does not even know what the NT700v is, its not in their fitment database at all.

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
I'm happy to report there is no need for measurements...I just received them and they are a perfect drop-in replacement for the NT!

So, what that means is that the NT and the GL1800 share virtually identical clevis mounts, at least for the front pegs.

Will post pics in a few. :D

Last edited:
Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
The boards have three different positions in which they can be mounted, depending on the bike and rider, I have them moved all the way back for my big feet.

These are solid, heavy duty parts...nothing cheap about them at all!

Here are some pics...

As you can see they are a direct replacement for the NT, as well as the GL1800 which they were designed for.

This shows there is a slight issue with side stand clearance when its up, but nothing that can't be remedied with a few minutes in the welding shop. It will take longer to remove the stand than to cut the kick tab off and weld it back on a bit lower

FYI, if anyone decides to go this route and modify their side stand, be sure NOT to weld it while attached to the bike as it may risk damaging the electronics/computer.

:spsmile:

Last edited:
Bike
2011 NT700v
Bill
Do you have a picture of the whole bike with them on? Are they lower or wider than the original peg? How do they ride?

thanks
fltsfshr

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
Bill
Do you have a picture of the whole bike with them on? Are they lower or wider than the original peg? How do they ride?

thanks
fltsfshr
They have a 3/4 inch drop and possibly 1/2 inch wider but I would have to confirm the latter.

I can take another pic of the whole bike.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
You could just cut off forward attachment point of the loop part of the sidestand.

Then bend and shape to suit. No need to weld anything as you shouldn't be putting any weight on it anyway.

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
I think they look good on the NT, not out of place really for a touring bike...

The width is virtually the same as the factory foot pegs so they are easy to adapt to...

:D

Top Bottom