Fork Seal Drivers

ntbestbuyguy

My forks starting to leaking oil and I don't to spend $400 on the seal replacement, so I am doing the work to learn a new skill and to save money. I can find everything I need to do the job except for the oem fork seal driver tool. Do anyone know of a good replacement for this tool? The forks are 41mm. Thank you.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
there ARE UNIVERSAL FORK SEAL DRIVERS, BUT TAKE A SRT OF INSIDE CALIPERS WITH YOU AND GO TO A HARDWARE STIRE nd look T PLaric pipw ore metal pipe . or exhUAR PIPW.

ll RE bit crude but cN VE USED TO Tmp new seL INTO PLace. just be gentle ND DONT DAMAGE NEW SEAL I THINK Honda TOOL IS AVAILIBLE TO BUY FROM DEALER PARTS SALES, BUT PROBvly will cost 100 plus dollars. wHATTTT YOU NEED IS A SQUARE FLt surface that matches the metal. haed surface of outside of seal so you can gently tap in into its final position so it seats flushakkiwu=ing you to get the snap ring reinstalled

Eldon

Bike
I sent you PM!

cHECK IT AND takw ACION.

Eldon

eLDON

Last edited:

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
By the number of typos and misspellings, are you texting and riding at the same time?

Bike
By the number of typos and misspellings, are you texting and riding at the same time?
I WISH YOU HAD MY ------ EYES ND YOU WOULD KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION.

FOR WHAT ITS WORTH I Hcw not been BLE TO RIDE OT DROVE FOR ABOUT A YEAT ns it ia not LOT OF FUN WGEN THE KWYBOARD IS LOS IN fog bank!!!

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
The fact that Eldon can write or type anything is a miracle in itself.

The key is to look at the letters closest to those he's used then, it's easy!

Last edited:

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Eldon - I apologize for my earlier post about your misspellings & typos. Just keep doing what you're doing. :)

Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
You are doing a GREAT job Eldon, keep it up.

Eldon was saying that you can use a piece of plastic piping as a fork seal driver. Measure the size of the seal and go and visit your local hardware store and see what you can find that will be suitable.

I use plastic pipe and it works well.

Seagrass

Bike
Thankyou to Sea grass for comveuoomg my thoughts amd omformationagain so perjaps it made more sense. Specoa; tjamls to JQL fri drtting the redord straight ,

a md to dirt flier , appolgu is accepterd, Maybe I was quick on the trigger with a ittiyating answer amd sjar[ cp,emt.

as most of you k pw it has been a rouigh year for me and vision

fogguvision has beem a problem for some ime but became a major one in July and I was schedualr for surgeru rhat happened in Septemver,

LPMF POAR AUEERU PEROPD AMD TJEM SAW A vISIOM rEJAVILTATION dOCTOR OM 12 ,\MAU. I THOUGHT THAT SOME SPECIAL OPRICS WOULD BE AVAILIVLE HAT WOULD LWR ME GET MOBILE AGAIN VUT AFTER A TEO HOUR APPOINTMENT WITH HIM IT WAS A MO GO. AND ALTHOUGH THERE IS SOME TRCJMOLOGU BRING EOTKED ON AT THIS TIME IT IS STILL FUTUTEISTOC/ I JAD JEARD ABOUTIT SOME SPECOA; GOGGLED THAT COST ARROUINF FIFTRRN tHOUSAND AND WE HAD DECIDED TO GO FOR THEM OF AVAILIVLE BUT THEY ARE NOT YET IN THE POPELINE FOR MU DOCTORS,

SPRNFY BUT FOR AMOTHER TRN PLIS UEARS FO DORIVE / RIDING TIME WORTH IT OR TEICE AS MUCH IF NEEDED!

SOME MOGJT GIVE UP AT THIS POINT AND SAU TJAT SIXTY YEARS OF RIDING TIMEIS ENOUGH , BUT QUITE AND GIVE UP ARE NOT IN MY VOCABulRY

sAME GOED FOR TRYING TO COMUNICATE JERE , IT IS A REAL PAON IN THE ARSE BIY I KEEP OM TRUONG I AM EXP;ORING MRE TRJNOLOGU FOT A VOPVE ADA[TER FPR ,U LEUBPARD BUT THAT IS A SLOW PROCESS SINCE MY WIFE IS A NON COMPUTER PERSON SO HWEW I SET . sJPI;;;D AMUPNME WAMT TO SEE JPW ,ICJ FIM o A, JAVOMG GET SECERAL LAUERS OF P;ASTOC WRA[ AMD PIT OT OVER UPIR EUED AND SET DOWN AT COMPUTER OR EAT A MEA; WITHKNOFE AND FORK!

POINT OF INTEREST, I CAN STILL SEE WITH BINOVULARS AT FIFTY TO ONE JJUNFSF USRDS SD ERLL SD WOTH HI POER OPTIVD ON S TIFFLE, I STILL CAN SEE A PERSONM FIIGUTE AT TEHJ 7 -10 YARD DISTANCE ENOUGH TO O SOME DAMAGE, lthough I am considering a Taurs Judge with , 410 shot shell in form of doubkle 00 pellets erc for self defense

Eldon

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
Along the thought train of Eldons..... I picked up a 2' section of 2" PVC. Cut a notch about 8" long x 1" across on one end. Slipped a hose clamp on and now its some what adjustable on the diameter. I can use it on my fat Guzzi forks along with my skinnier Honda forks.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
I have used the old removed seal to drive the new one in. Place the old one on top of the new one and tap it into place with a soft mallet. Then pop off the old seal and finish up.

Brad

bicyclist

Hey Eldon, you need a computer that you can dictate to. I'm dictating this text to a Mac. It'll take a little experimentation, but should work fine.

edit: Well, that was pretty cool. First time I've tried using dictation on this machine. I had to make a couple of corrections, but it got most of it correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom