Fork Skins (Fork Seal Protectors)

Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA, #227
Moose Racing has 5'' long "Fork Skins" to protect fork seals but they come in two diameter ranges, depending on the motorcycle to be fitted. Has anyone used this brand and what diameter (in mm) size was used for the NT700VA? What diameter are the forks anyway? Thanks!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Bob,

I had the NOJ fork skin deals, but Moose Racing's look better to me. The NT's forks are 41mm. The NOJs only attach at the bottom and are split and velcro together up the fork.

I had a seal leaking on my bike and Honda's gonna' repair it and replace the seals and bushings on both forks under my extended warranty (which really surprised me, BTW; I've got 53,000 miles on the bike and usually fork seals aren't a warranty item.

I bought a set of Triumph gaitors and I'm going to have them installed when Sun Honda does my seals, bushings, head bearings and a new front tire next week.

If I'd seen the Fork Skins before, I'd probably have done them instead of the Triumph gaitors which were $53.

OP
OP
Bob Hibler
Bike
Hi, thanks for that good information. I used to have fork seal issues on my 1985 BMW R80RT until I installed gaiters at 15,000 miles when I put in new springs. That was the end of problems and leaks for the next 60,000 miles until I sold it for my NT700VA, the closest bike to it I could find and it came with a dealer network all over.

Ride well , Wind Brother!

OP
OP
Bob Hibler
Bike
Well the Fork Skins arrived and included instructions which began with, "Remove Front Wheel..."

I am not about to start that! I just ordered the NOJ fork Guards instead.

jackgermain

I have the NOJ on mine and like them. Took me about 12.86 sec to install. Oh-- that was with leaving the front wheel on !!

Top Bottom