Fork Springs and Oil!

Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Fork oil needs changed, I believe its never been changed? Since I'm changing fork oil I'm going to try out some fork springs I have have for years never used from Race Tech they are .90 kg/mm weight springs, also not really sure what weight oil will work best for me I'm 195 lbs ride on the sport side of sport-touring, may start out with some 8 wt oil that I've had from Honda for a few years too? Also for now using stock dampening rods not modified and no gold valve emulators. Any opinions on this! ps stock springs are way to soft!

Bike
Black 2009 NT700
My suspension is standard except that I am using 15w oil in the forks with a 6mm spacer added to the spring and the legs dropped 8mm through the triple clamps (raising the front).
My weight, dressed in riding gear (helmet included) is around 100kg (220 lbs) and I like the way it handles.
Laden with camping gear and food/water etc the all up weight (rider/bike/gear) is 400kg (880 lbs) and I set the rear pre-load to 20-30 clicks depending on the expected road conditions (softer for freeway/harder for rough back-roads). I have bottomed-out the rear suspension a couple of times at 20 clicks.
Mostly though, it works for me!

Macka

Top Bottom