Frigid Guzzi

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Sighted in Ashland WI Sunday night was an old Guzzi with a hack. Temp was -6 and the wind was blowing hard. Roads were mostly snow covered. I was in my car, but gave the tough rider a thumbs up and he returned a nod.

It is truely mid winter here with a predicted high here today of -10 to -15 and wind chil warnings out all over. So I'll spend my time on the forum instead of the bike. That's after I go out to thaw out the stock watering tank.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
If it had been a Guzzi without a hack then I'd tell you it was John B. He tends to ride his two wheelers in just about any condition. His winter tires are studded dual sports (sheet metal screws). But, he doesn't own a hack so don't know who you saw up there. He also races on the frozen lakes during his free time :)

OP
OP
junglejim

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I've seen this guy before, but not in as adverse conditioins as last night. It was very cold, very dark, and very windy.

We had our local ice races two weeks ago. Lots of bikes and 4-wheelers racing on the lake. They are on a circut that races around the region almost every weekend. I would never go 70 mph on ice even with studs, although I may have done it 40 or 50 years ago. It was fun then. I don't know how fast we went because of no speedometer, but it was probably too fast. Keeping the bikes running and not broken down was the biggest challenge back then.

Top Bottom