Front fairing removal, 2011

Bike
2011 NT700V Black
OK guys, I am not a novice, although at this point I sure feel like one! I need some help. Trying to remove the front fairing (left and right). It appears that the sides are attached to the trim piece that covers the instrument cluster. There is something (obviously designed in hell) that secures the bottom of that piece on both sides. I cannot see, feel or taste any kind of fastener. Advise please. 🤪🤪🤪🤪🙈🙈🙈

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
According to the service manual, this part is called the meter cover, there's two screws at the top edge you have to take out, then there's a couple tabs you have to unclip I believe they're on the top edge, and the cover should come out. Of course the storage pockets have to be out first.

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
If I remember correctly, the tabs at the top of this meter cover put up a good fight, but I was able to get them unhooked eventually with a sharp right angle pick.

Like just about everything else on the NT, once you've done this disassembly it's easier next time.

OP
OP
Ron47
Bike
2011 NT700V Black
Yep, got the top tabs loose with some serious effort. I have taken the tupperware off BMWs, Sazooks, Kawasakis and Yamahas…..never encountered anything this damned complicated. 🤪🤪🤪

OP
OP
Ron47
Bike
2011 NT700V Black
So, the pockets, the instrument cluster bezel and the side fairing piece seems to have a common connection point. Moving one piece moves all three. Gotta be something hidden that requires a push/pull/twist or magic incantation to release it.

Edit: think i found the disconnect in reality. It was a sub-space harmonic brought about by a weak dilythium crystal array. Or could have been the required removal of the danged storage pocket lids To reveal those two screws. 🤪🤪

Last edited:

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Without the Service Manual, you're just guessing at stuff during disassembly. And plastic parts become brittle over the winter and can break much more easily!

Last edited:
Top Bottom