Fuel Management

I fill it to the rim with my bike on the side stand and easily go 250 miles. 220-240 is the most common mileage when I fill up, but I'm glad to know I can go longer. The farthest on a tank of gas was 264 miles and at fill up I put in .7 gallons.

Terry

AmericanRecluse

My needle drops so fast once I get into the red its unreal. Seems that no sooner do I hit red, it drops to the bottom in about 5 minutes. I can't bring myself to ride the needle below the "E"
ME TOO! I thought I was cursed!

Bike
2013 FJR 1300
I fill it to the rim with my bike on the side stand and easily go 250 miles. 220-240 is the most common mileage when I fill up, but I'm glad to know I can go longer. The farthest on a tank of gas was 264 miles and at fill up I put in .7 gallons.

Terry
Wow. 377 MPG:eek1:

I presume you meant 4.7 Gallons:)

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
I guess I just don't have (as David Hobbs says) the 'attachments' to push below empty
I never did, either (deliberately anyway). I think my farthest tank on the NT was 240 miles. I generally filled up at 200 miles knowing I still had good range left, if needed.

Sent from my Nexus 7

ccRider246

I went all the way to the bottom of the E today - sweating bullets thinking I would run out before getting to my favorite station. I filled up on the side stand as usual - right to the bottom of the filler neck (what there is of one). It took 4.2 gallons. I'm just suprised that total mielage was down to 205 for that quantity. I have about 1000 miles on the bike. MPG is down a bit since the 600 mile service. For the most part, this is all city driving to work and back.

skiper

I'm getting same #s , but when fully loaded for a long camping trip it ran out one needle width below E, but coming back one needle below took 4.2 gallons as usual

tawilke46

It took 4.2 gallons. I'm just suprised that total mielage was down to 205 for that quantity.
That is right at 49 miles per gallon...........probably not bad for city driving.
I get my best mileage out on back roads at about 55mph. Then get over 55mpg.

GLG

I went all the way to the bottom of the E today - sweating bullets thinking I would run out before getting to my favorite station. I filled up on the side stand as usual - right to the bottom of the filler neck (what there is of one). It took 4.2 gallons. I'm just suprised that total mielage was down to 205 for that quantity. I have about 1000 miles on the bike. MPG is down a bit since the 600 mile service. For the most part, this is all city driving to work and back.
That is right at 49 miles per gallon...........probably not bad for city driving.
I get my best mileage out on back roads at about 55mph. Then get over 55mpg.
that's about what i'm getting; 49 mpg. 100% commuting (i'm still a working stiff so no LD trips for me). i'm still a relative newbie too and my commute is stop/go city streets; no highway. i've been on the highway a couple of times (65 mph) but still trying to get used to it.

at first, i thought i was doing something wrong when i wasn't seeing the 50+mpg's but now i just chalk it up to city motoring.

Top Bottom