funny how the NT draws attention

Bike
2010 Red NT700
So Saturday I stop for gas in New Boston, TX while riding to see my dad in LA.
This guy riding a K1600GTL comes up to me and starts asking questions about MY bike!
Strange how the NT catches the eye and arouses curiosity

mprsns

Same here. I was asked about mine three separate times yesterday while running errands in Virginia Beach. Can't lie - I enjoy the attention. The third asked if it was a scooter, "because it is so quiet". Not sure that one really counts. Hahaha.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've been asked more questions about the NT than I ever was about my Concourses. Especially since I put the HMW roundels on it. Some of the questions those have caused have not been terribly informed, but most of the others I get come from riders who are obviously interested in the bike for what it its -- even if they're not sure what it is.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I have to say it draws little attention where I have ridden. The few times someone has really paid attention to it they knew what it was and wanted to know if it was fast enough :)

The Guzzi gets attention at almost every stop.

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Mine got a lot of attention when I rode with the Long Island BMW club.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
I had a few compliments on the NT. Once from a large woman on a small scooter in Ogunquit, ME who pulled up next to me at a gas station and said "wanna race?" hahah. And a couple other times was asked if it was a scooter, and one time if it was a moped. Comments received received were usually "cool bike," or "that thing looks well equipped." Several times I was asked if it was a twin or a four. Comments were few and far between but usually always positive and inquisitive.

The Tiger Explorer has had far stronger reactions. And almost as many in one week and 900 miles of ownership as I had in 13 months and 13k miles on the NT. I have yet to be asked if it is a moped, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
I'm with charlie. The NT hardly gets any attention, which is fine. I'm not that chatty at a gas station with earplugs in, helmet on, and starting to feel sweaty.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I'm with charlie. The NT hardly gets any attention, which is fine. I'm not that chatty at a gas station with earplugs in, helmet on, and starting to feel sweaty.
+1 but, I am an introvert so don't like to talk to people anyway.

Bike
2010 NT700V
Storage, wind protection, gas mileage, and agility, no more special motorcycle trips. You can ride it everyday!

In the lines for the ferry here in Washington, the motorcycles are all grouped together to load first on the ferries and we have a few minutes to chat. I've never been asked by a HD rider about the NT, but several others, particularly BMW riders ask about it and it seems they are often well informed, knowing about the doughnut hole between the panniers. I did get a nice comment from a gal on the back of a HD, saying, "Nice bike." I'm not sure if the HD rider appreciated that much.

Terry

Bike
Red NT700V 2010, #1004.
Around my area, if you don't ride Harley, or a Harley look alike, and dress like a pirate, no one even looks at your bike.
Except a couple of females who said they thought it was "pretty". I'll take that!

OP
OP
RedNigel
Bike
2010 Red NT700
Around my area, if you don't ride Harley, or a Harley look alike, and dress like a pirate, no one even looks at your bike.
Except a couple of females who said they thought it was "pretty". I'll take that!
I have spent a lot of time around Harley owners(some of them close friends) and many of them are snobs about it. The really weak minded ones claim it's unpatriotic to ride anything else
Thats just stupid

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Been stopped twice by State Trooper----just wanted to look at the bike. Last year Dan (VZShadow) and I were stopped in a parking lot in Bucksport. The local Sheriff came by to look at the bikes.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Two motor officers in Superior WI were interested in mine last Saturday at a Subway, and were pretty well informed about the bike. Off duty one rides an ST 1300 and the other rides a C 14. Both are excellent riders and very knowlegable.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
This is beginning to look like a massive inferiority complex is starting to take hold...:rolleyes1: Enough of the brand bashing....

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
I have gotten comments about the NT being a scooter more than once. I have to admit that it bothers me... yes I know I should be more secure in my masculinity, etc. but what can I say.

Why is the NT mistaken for a scooter. I have trouble seeing it.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've never had anyone ask me if my NT is a scooter. But I will say that it looks more "motorcylely" since I painted my panniers (the big lids) satin black to cover up all the gouges I'd put in 'em.

I like the look.

skatefriday

Why is the NT mistaken for a scooter. I have trouble seeing it.
It's the rear panniers. I didn't see it until it was pointed out but now
I see it clearly. I still want one however. I don't care what other people
think it's the perfect bike for my intended use and there is no similar bike
on the market.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Here in the Midwest the NT doesn't draw too much attention. I did get one excited guy practically run up to me and say "Is that an ST1300?" I said no it is better, it is an NT700. He asked a few questions and was suddenly not interested once I told him it only had a 680cc V-twin engine. I thought it was so funny that he came up to me so excited, then was visibly disappointed. You would think someone who mistake it for an ST1300, would at least appreciate the NT for what it is.

Otherwise, people around here don't give much of a second look, which suits me just fine. I didn't buy it as butt jewelry or to pose with.

Top Bottom