funny how the NT draws attention

tawilke46

I have received a few "nice bike" comments on the NT over the last year.......one from a BMW salesman.
Then again I got a "nice bike" comment yesterday referring to my Wee Strom.................some folks are just trying to be nice or know a good looking bike when they see one.

I also agree on refraining from unneccessary brand bashing.............

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
The only comment I have had was from a lady in the post office who asked me if my bike was an automatic. I am not sure where that came from unless she thought it was a scooter. I didnt have time to ask her why she was asking.

Bike
Bonneville T120
I've had only a few people ask about it, but they were very complimentary and very curious. I wish I could tell them where to get one, but I don't know where to send them

The Bonneville brings out more questions and more passion, especially from older gentlemen, my age.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
It's the rear panniers. I didn't see it until it was pointed out but now
I see it clearly. I still want one however. I don't care what other people
think it's the perfect bike for my intended use and there is no similar bike
on the market.
I agree. With the integrated bags (especially the small OEM ones on the NA models) the bike does look like a Maxi scooter from the rear. Once you get next to it (side view) that completely disappears (if you know the difference between a scooter and a motorcycle).

I've had several folks ask if it was a scooter as well as if it has an automatic transmission.

It does garner more attention than "my bike" (an '09 Wing) which I totally get. Wings are all over the place. The NT however is relatively rare and a great looking bike.:D It could also have to do that the rider of the NT is a woman and women riding motorcycles tend to draw attention also. :eek:

skiper

I have received a few "nice bike" comments on the NT over the last year.......one from a BMW salesman.
Then again I got a "nice bike" comment yesterday referring to my Wee Strom.................some folks are just trying to be nice or know a good looking bike when they see one.

I also agree on refraining from unneccessary brand bashing.............
I was visiting Long Island and at a light a guy asked me about what it was -( i took stickers off so not instantly obvious at night ) turns out he was a mc mechanic - working at a dealer in hicksville or thereabouts. I never met someone so passionate about motorcycles and engines ever. His name is steve and would be a good resource for you L.I. guys. Kids seem to dig the looks - I can hear em many times. especially when I'm not murmuring I want my NTV to myself...

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Honda has sure made a lot of bikes, many of which are no longer available. The Valkyrie was a short lived item. It is a beautiful touring bike. The Magna was another, as was the ST-1100. I guess if one wants one, there are used ones around in good condition. Looks like the NT has gone that way as well. I certainly plan to keep mine and make improvements.

skiper

Honda has sure made a lot of bikes, many of which are no longer available. The Valkyrie was a short lived item. It is a beautiful touring bike. The Magna was another, as was the ST-1100. I guess if one wants one, there are used ones around in good condition. Looks like the NT has gone that way as well. I certainly plan to keep mine and make improvements.
have yu heard of honda hurricane ? was it a short lived item ?

Bike
2013 FJR 1300
Actually, the ST1100 was produced for over 10 years and was supplanted by the ST1300. Not really short-lived.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
have yu heard of honda hurricane ? was it a short lived item ?
The Hurricane was a 600cc sport-touring bike made by Honda from 1987-1999. It was, like many of Honda's bikes sold more in Europe and had panniers for an option for a short time before it was discontinued.

Don't you wish they had kept the Valkyrie in what it could have become? Think of a flat six with FI and the minimalist fairing that the Val had. More motor than you could ever use and a lot lighter than the Wing. Kind of a GL1000 40 years later. What a hoot.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I liked the Wing better than the Valkyrie .. fuel injected, felt lighter, handled better, better range. They could have updated it but still liked my wings.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
The Hurricane was a 600cc sport-touring bike made by Honda from 1987-1999. It was, like many of Honda's bikes sold more in Europe and had panniers for an option for a short time before it was discontinued.
First bike I had was a 1987 Honda Hurricane (had the red 88 body work on it). It was a total sports bike. The "first" generation of the "crotch rockets". Very fast. That bike lives on today as the CBR600R (all be it highly modernized). The Hurricane was "replaced" or updated to the F2, then the F3, and then the F4 before the R and RR models. Much like the progression of Honda's Goldwing or the ST. It competed against other sport bikes of its day such as the Yamaha FZR600, Ninja 600, and the Suzuki Katana 600 (GSXR only came in the 750 and 1000 variety at the time).

I really liked that bike. If I hadn't totaled it at the track, I'd probably still have it today. :(

elizilla

tank is full, switch is on, night is warm, cops are gone
rocket bike is all her own, it's called the hurricane...

The NT doesn't draw attention ANYTHING like the Ural does. It's just nuts. I can't stop anywhere without drawing a crowd. I've taken to calling it the parade float.

AmericanRecluse

I've heard "Is that a scooter?" more than once. I have no idea why.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I was one of the people who called it a scooter the first time I saw it in the dealership. But the look has grown on me. :D Never had anyone else say that but I have gotten a surprising number questions and positive comments. Mostly from cruiser and sport bike riders. Yeah the 670cc throws them but the 58mpg and integrated panniers they like. Sometimes I swear I see a wistful lingering gaze from them and know they are thinking "I wish I could ride something that comfortable." LOL

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
The NT doesn't draw attention ANYTHING like the Ural does. It's just nuts. I can't stop anywhere without drawing a crowd. I've taken to calling it the parade float.
You need to find a riding buddy with a trike, then you will have your parade, as trikes are just about as bad...:rolleyes1: Even non-riders want to know about sidecar rigs and trikes. I suspect the Hannigan GoldWing "TriCar" Kit, basically a trike with sidecar (See Attached Photo), pulling a trailer, would be the ultimate show stopper...:D

The most common questions I get are; "How much did it cost? and "What type of license do you need to ride it?" As far as the license question here it is a Class M Motorcycle Endorsement for any two, three, and four wheel motorcycles and variants.

Attachments

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
You need to find a riding buddy with a trike, then you will have your parade, as trikes are just about as bad...:rolleyes1: Even non-riders want to know about sidecar rigs and trikes. I suspect the Hannigan GoldWing "TriCar" Kit, basically a trike with sidecar (See Attached Photo), pulling a trailer, would be the ultimate show stopper...:D

The most common questions I get are; "How much did it cost? and "What type of license do you need to ride it?" As far as the license question here it is a Class M Motorcycle Endorsement for any two, three, and four wheel motorcycles and variants.
Without a trailer, would that be a 2 or 3 axle fee on a toll road? :)

Top Bottom