FYI...Deal on Riding Suit

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
I will say this, There are a lot of ok riding suits availible, however I have had a lot of them over the years and there are only a couple that I can recommend, well maybe three. Aerostich is very hard to beat for y0ur money regardles of which modle you choose depending on what will fit if custom adjusted or made for you as a custom. I have two complaints with them and they are personal, 1st they will not make a TORSO adjustment and secondly they will not add specific sditionsl pockets to thie design. Langlitz leathers will build what you want with pockets you desire, but their price is about 3 times that of a Stich and worth every penny. what you have made there today will last you 50 plus years as long as you maintain your weight and don't crash hard. Yes you might have to have a Zipper or a snap replaced every 10 years or so depending on how much you use them.
another good combination if you are in the HOT and sticky humidity is the Bohn Armour from Chico CA.

Price is reasonable and QUALITY IS GOOD.

Eldon

Last edited:
Bike
2010 Red Honda NT 700 V
Adding my two cents, and think I commented in an earlier thread, I purchased my first one piece stitch back in 2001. Absolutely, loved it in every way - except it wasn't water proof. Then, when my 1988 Honda Magna had a major engine issue (at 74K) , I needed a bike - so went with a 1997 Honda Pacific Coast with a great big windshield (Magna had no windshield). The PC shield let no air into the opened vents of the stitch and I would melt. Thus, retired the stitch in 2013 and used Draggin Jeans and a Darien jacket. Would use Draggin Shirt with no jacket on hottest of times. The Magna is since fixed, I bought the NT last June - with wonderful adjustable windshield = air flow - sold the PC and have a new R3 on order - same red with bright yellow ballistics. Another way I found to keep cool - take the big front pockets above your knees, go to a convenience store and ask how much for a scoop or two of ice? Pour the ice into the pockets, close up - and enjoy A/C comfort for 100 + miles. Though I will say you leave a bit of a puddle when you stop for gas : )

Bike
2010 Red Honda NT 700 V
Took delivery of the R3 yesterday. Tied up with work till close to 6, but just had to get the Stitch out of box, set up with old hip and back padding from my earlier suit (velcro points identical to earlier suit) and tried her on. It fit perfectly. I had forgotten how much the old red suit had faded over the years. Very bright and with the yellow ballistics - visible. I remember a guy in NJ pulled up to me at a stop light and said he could see me ahead of him a mile away. Took a ride on my Magna and very pleased. However, there are two areas noted: 1. R3 compared to the Classic (my old suit), does not have a lining - thus the shin pads kind of catch on your boot when stepping in. 2. Because there is no lining, the suit will allow more air flow. I'm sure it will be appreciated on hot days, but on yesterday's PA ride with temps in low 50's, I immediately noticed. Per Aerostich, the lining offered too many thread holes and would compromise the ability to be waterproof - of which is a main attraction and improvement over the earlier models. Hope this helps. Riding Season is upon Us!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Took delivery of the R3 yesterday. Tied up with work till close to 6, but just had to get the Stitch out of box, set up with old hip and back padding from my earlier suit (velcro points identical to earlier suit) and tried her on. It fit perfectly. I had forgotten how much the old red suit had faded over the years. Very bright and with the yellow ballistics - visible. I remember a guy in NJ pulled up to me at a stop light and said he could see me ahead of him a mile away. Took a ride on my Magna and very pleased. However, there are two areas noted: 1. R3 compared to the Classic (my old suit), does not have a lining - thus the shin pads kind of catch on your boot when stepping in. 2. Because there is no lining, the suit will allow more air flow. I'm sure it will be appreciated on hot days, but on yesterday's PA ride with temps in low 50's, I immediately noticed. Per Aerostich, the lining offered too many thread holes and would compromise the ability to be waterproof - of which is a main attraction and improvement over the earlier models. Hope this helps. Riding Season is upon Us!
One of the common complaints about the Classic Roadcrafter is that it tended to leak in the crotch. I've had two suits that have both had over 100,000 miles and have never gotten wet at all except for once the first summer I had the NT. I was riding to Wisconsin with two friends and we were in torrential rain with a 30-35mph 90-degree from the right side crosswind for close to 50 miles. It had been hot and I'd had my underarm, back, and lower side vents all unzipped. My t-shirt and cotton shorts got wet and by the time we got off the road and into some shelter, the cotton had wicked the moisture completely around my body.

Like Mark says, at 50-ish, I appreciate the liner in the Classic Roadcrafter. I think I'd have been cold riding in the 50F weather with the 35-50mph crosswind I had Tuesday. On hot days, I think I'd really like the R3, but I don't think I can afford to buy two suits at what they cost. :-(

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
My biggest concern with the R3 is doing damage to the bonded Gore-Tex lining by repeated rubbing on it while getting in and out of the suit and just general wearing it. Without the liner to protect it I am not sure if there will eventually be wear points in particular when putting the right boot in the leg. Most of the time I put my boots on after putting my right leg in to prevent this.

Top Bottom