Garage door opener

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
If you've been looking for a slick garage door opener, this is the one. It is independent of the bikes electrical system so there is no wiring needed and it is weatherproof and designed specifically for bikes. I installed one on Traveller over the weekend and it works great! I have an old Genie opener and I had some issues getting the unit to program but the guys at Mo-Door helped me get the unit programmed to my door. I have the weatherproof button attached to the right side of the fuel tank next to the cowl vent and the main unit attached to the storage pocket under the cowl vent.

Mike

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Not bad.. I have this one and just tap into one of my turn signals... You have to be right in the driveway to be in range so no real possibility of accidentally opening it if you're signaling near your home.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
All these fancy door openers make mine look cheap...:oops: I use a small, single button, key chain style, remote as a pull tag on my jacket... The good news is unlike my spare key I've always removed it before washing my jacket! :)

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
I have installed a key chain style opener in the fairing pocket. Vibration may eventually take them out but are easy to replace. I used to wire them to the bikes battery but don't bother anymore.

Brad

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I had a garage door opener remote that the button broke on. I soldered two wires to the circuit board where the button attaches and connected them to a small momentary push button I mounted to the left locking fairing pocket cover. Remote itself goes into the pocket and all I have to do is push the button on the cover to open/close the door. I think the push button was about $8.00 on amazon. Installed it a bit over two years ago and no issues. I ride every day in Portland Oregon so it has seen some weather

I just looked up my purchase, here it is - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FKXRYT6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Top Bottom