Garmin Zumo 550 Splash Screen

Mattb

I found and installed this one;

zumo_Splash_Deauville.jpg

but does anyone have one for the US version, the NT700V, which is "dullville" compared to Deauville as far as I'm concerned.

Matt,

Have you tried editing the screen file, using MS Paint or Photoshop, and putting the logo you want in? From the file source it looks like it is a .jpeg which is fairly easy to edit....

Matt,

Have you tried editing the screen file, using MS Paint or Photoshop, and putting the logo you want in? From the file source it looks like it is a .jpeg which is fairly easy to edit....

No, but I'll give it a go.

Ha! Some of us Mods may pride ourselves on our tech savvy... not this one.

I don't have an image to maintain. At least no image as a techno-geek.

Oh heck no. I was a little surprised, but not offended in the least. I understand completely. It's why this place isn't a sewer like some of the other motorcycle forums.

I must admit this is the most well behaved forum I have even been part of. Sooner or later the others I have been on break out into flame wars and usually its a so called expert that can't admit he doesn't know everything and resorts to name calling.

I must admit this is the most well behaved forum I have even been part of. Sooner or later the others I have been on break out into flame wars and usually its a so called expert that can't admit he doesn't know everything and resorts to name calling.

That's the tone we set and that's all that is tolerated.

Those that don't agree will have their posts deleted until they either agree with that tone or just can't possibly do so. Matt is another great member of the site that understands that tone and agrees and appreciates it and I appreciate that.

Besides, you meet the nicest people on a Honda..

Sooner or later the others I have been on break out into flame wars and usually its a so called expert that can't admit he doesn't know everything and resorts to name calling.

Rick is a cat brained ninny hammer! :nanner1::nanner1:

There... we resorted to name calling. Now we are a REAL internet forum!

Rick is a cat brained ninny hammer!

There... we resorted to name calling. Now we are a REAL internet forum!

I went to the Deauville Owners UK forum site last night. Looked at their selection of smilies and animated icons. Some of them would be censored by Mellow for sure.
The UK guys are a bit rougher bunch than our forum members.

I went to the Deauville Owners UK forum site last night. Looked at their selection of smilies and animated icons. Some of them would be censored by Mellow for sure.
The UK guys are a bit rougher bunch than our forum members.

Why not join the UK site as well there's a few of us on both though I must admit to prefering the US site the best

I must admit to prefering the US site the best

:twocents1:This forum is, hands down, the best forum I have been associated with. Thanks to our Admins and moderators the NT forum has a first class operation, IMHO.
Has to be a thankless job every now and then.
That is why I am a forum supporter. I think this forum is worth supporting.
I also joined the STOC forum, and Mellow keeps a hand on things there too. The two forums are very good.

Last edited:
Even though I'm a moderator, I have to agree with what Tim just said. This is the best Forum I've been on in the 14 years I've been riding and participating on Forums and email Lists related to motorcycles. It's probably at least partly due to the fact that all of us old geezers have mellowed (pun intended) out.

I've heard there are Norwegian villages in Minnesota that are more Norwegian than Norway. But I haven't heard of any Swedish villages.

I've heard there are Norwegian villages in Minnesota that are more Norwegian than Norway. But I haven't heard of any Swedish villages.

That is true. I used to go to a little family run diner in Oslo, MN for breakfast on the weekends, their menu was in Norwegian...you had to ask for an English version. It was more fun to just point at something and see what you ended up with though...:D Most of the older folks hanging out around the big fireplace spoke in Norwegian...

Back
Top Bottom