Gauges Not Working

jp-nj

About to take my NT out for a ride and noticed that the fuel gauge, tach & speedo are not working. Was working fine when I last put the bike in the garage. All fuses check out fine. I have been checking connections from the gauges to re-seat, no luck.

Anyone else have the same thing happen to them?

Thanks,

JP-NJ

Several other NT'ers have reported gauge cluster failures, but the only poster who responded that he had fixed the problem ended up replacing the cluster. Check the electrical forum for a thread "my gauges don't work" There are a couple of other gauge threads, some suggest the problem might bring related to corrosion, but no one has actually reported finding a bad connection. Hope you can fix the problem without needing a replacement. Please let us know what you find.

Last edited:

silshooter

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
The mileage function has not worked since new.... Occasionally the instruments will not work, but a shut down and restart will correct the issue. This appears to be a humidity related issue.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
LP-NJ
Did you find the problem? Hopefully it was simple and not costly.

Brad

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
About to take my NT out for a ride and noticed that the fuel gauge, tach & speedo are not working. Was working fine when I last put the bike in the garage. All fuses check out fine. I have been checking connections from the gauges to re-seat, no luck.

Anyone else have the same thing happen to them?

Thanks,

JP-NJ
Does the headlight work? ...turn signals on the dash and at the indicators? ....horn? Does the self check on the dash do anything when the ignition is turned on?

Top Bottom