Givi V56NA 56L

Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA
I just thought I'd post a picture of what I've been thinking for a top case. I think with the 'Fu Manchu' mustache look of the NT's taillights, this top box would look good. I bought the SW-Motech Alu-rack with the idea of at least using it for a duffel bag, but have been thinking about this Givi case+adapter.

Just a crude powerpoint mock-up.....

honda.JPG

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
I just thought I'd post a picture of what I've been thinking for a top case. I think with the 'Fu Manchu' mustache look of the NT's taillights, this top box would look good. I bought the SW-Motech Alu-rack with the idea of at least using it for a duffel bag, but have been thinking about this Givi case+adapter.

Just a crude powerpoint mock-up.....

honda.JPG
I have a Givi V47 in the same color scheme and it looks like it belongs on a Silver bike.

IMG_8878[1].JPG IMG_8879[1].JPG

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Dang, Brillot2000, your rear fender actually looks good.
Rustoleum Semi-Gloss Black. That's also an old picture.

There's no really good way to bring the faded plastic back to its former glory and back to black. Painting it is the only solution that you got.

Here's the latest configuration with additional warning lights installed on an aluminum plate.

IMG_E0207[1].JPG

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Rustoleum Semi-Gloss Black. That's also an old picture.

There's no really good way to bring the faded plastic back to its former glory and back to black. Painting it is the only solution that you got.

Here's the latest configuration with additional warning lights installed on an aluminum plate.

IMG_E0207[1].JPG
Thank you. This confirms my transition from matte to semi-gloss on all my faded plastics. The rear still may get the bed liner. We'll see. Can't wait for my lid to show up.

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
"There's no really good way to bring the faded plastic back to its former glory and back to black. "

I've had good success with a product called "Black Again".
I never had much luck with heavily damaged or fade plastics on any vehicle using these types of products. Either polypropylene or polyethylene are the plastics that are used for many vehicles black plastic bits.

Ultraviolet (UV) light is the main for the plastics for losing their color. Heavy UV damage is like a really bad sunburn. The plastic is being dried out from within in the deep layers that cannot be reached easily with topical treatments. Products like "Back to Black" or conditioners that try to remoisturize the material at a shallow level. Severe damages in many cases where the plastic has gone to medium grays cannot be reversed with any amount of these products.

Last edited:

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
I have a Givi maxia, the biggest one. holds 2 full face helmets. I think its 55L

Top Bottom