[Review] GoCruise

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I'm a little disappointed with my new GoCruise
It seems that its only really useful as a momentary break to free your hand to grab something or whatever.
It only appears to work at high speeds and only if the road is completely level with no headwind
I cant tell if the throttle is slowly backing off or if the motor just requires those constant, imperceptible adjustments we make without even realizing it
I installed the sticky ring that is supposed to help but

My old CB900 had something akin to the VistaCruise and it actually locked the throttle in place
I guess thats what I need

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Here is the combo that I use on all my bikes. A Vista Cruise and a Throttle Rocker in tandem. And a set of BMW sport grips. The Throttle rocker takes a little bit to get use to but allow for finer control using the palm of the hand and keeps the wrist from getting fatigued. View attachment 6700

Last edited:
OP
OP
RedNigel
Bike
2010 Red NT700
I have a cramp buster that works great
I just wanted the option of taking my hand off the wheel for a few minutes now and again

Bike
2011 Black NT700V
My GoCruise never worked as well as I wanted it to, but one trick I learnt was to rub the rubber ring with water and soap before putting it on. It improved enough to be useful to me.

The Omni Cruise is a similar idea, but it is aluminium and has a screw down adjustment so you can adjust it to whatever tension works for you. I picked one up at AZ Bike Week on the weekend for $10 off. Retail is $50, more than double the GoCruise, but still pretty cheap if it does what I want.

b.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Before I got the Rostra electronic cruise control, I had bought a Throttlemeister. It takes some slight adjustment to keep an exact speed up and down hills and with variable winds, but holds an approximate speed very well. Even with the Rostra, I sometimes use the Throttlemeister. (Not at the same time)

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
It seems that its only really useful as a momentary break
I've used it for several minutes.... maybe as much as 10 minutes without having to adjust it on flat roads. I have the small diameter one that worked on the standard NT grips, an since bought the larger one for the Honda heated grips. Both work great for me.

Tips:
Clean the silicon band and grips with something that won't leave it slick and oily. I use soap and water, huh.
Push the silicon band and GoCruise to far left.
Try flipping the GoCruise 180. It seems to hold better one way.

Possibly the best $20 farkle.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
I've had a Go Cruise on my NT fo 2+ years and I am completely happy wiith the results of the $19.95 farkle. If youre looking for cruise control, you are right. It may be disappointing, but f you are looking f a 3-5 minute right hand break, mine does the trick very nicely. In fact, on a super slab it will hold for 10+ minutes routinely.
Do I have to nudge it up on inclines...yes I do. Does it slip from normal road or bike vibration? Yes it can, but like others who have posted, the silicone ring needs to be cleaned with soapy water and not Pledge. My results might be due to the fact I have the cushioned foam over-grips, yet I still bought the normal sized Go Cruise. For me, this thing relegated the Crampbuster to the recycle bin, and saved me some of my farkle $$ for higher priorities.
We are have different expectations and needs, but this little jewel fits mine, so I gotta agree with Dan.
Len

Top Bottom